model series weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model series weight

I played a model 2 at a local shop and it felt heavy for a strat type guitar. It felt heavy at the nut and the neck plate and tremelo. Is this normal? My friend said it was heavier than his strat and i agreed. how heavy are your model series guitars?

Model series guitar are not that heavy.They are going to be heavier than a guitar that has a big swimming pool route for the pickups though.

Comment

I had a Model 6 that was kinda heavy. I'm guessing it was mainly due to the maple neck-thru than the poplar body, though.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a model 3 that weighed almost as much as my Les Paul. Seriously. It was like a really heavy piece of ash. Altho it was made out of basswood. It was heavy like ash or mahogany can be at times. It was deffinatley heavier than my USA Strat Plus and all my other Charvels i had at the time. Including my model 6. So yeah there can be som eheavier ones out there.
        Gil

Comment

I have a friend who plays Ibbys, who thinks my M6 and my 750XL are both really heavy. I don't find them heavy at all, but I've always liked heavy guitars.

Comment

I've just started gigging my Model 4 again after 10 years playing a Les Paul and, yes, surprised how heavy it is. Damn fine guitar though, the weight adds to the tone ;-)

Comment

Allright its good to see this isn't too unusual, I was just so surprised when it wasn't any lighter than my Les paul Special. Thanks all for answering my question.

Comment

My Model 6 is pretty damn heavy. I'd like to get it on a scale sometime and see exactly how much it weighs.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

yeah my Model 2 is pretty heavy, I've always like that aspect. I've never weighed it thought. it feels really solid and sustains like crazy with the stock JC-90 pickup.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

My Model 4 is kinda heavy, but it makes up for that in tone.
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

My 86 model 3a weighs in at 9.5 pounds. One very wet piece of basswood when they painted it.

Comment

My first mod2 is damn heavy. I didn't realize it weighed so much until I got another 2 and couldn't believe how light that one was.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Both of my 4s are pretty heavy. Im guessing 8 1/2 lbs. They sound huge tho!!

Comment

Working...
                          X