What's with the inflation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the inflation?

I've noticed that import charvels are going for crazy prices on ebay lately. I saw a Model 2 sell for around 450 I think. Is this just fluctuation and will the prices go down a bit?
    I'm seeing them go for 100-200 more than the bluebook recommends...
    Thanks!
    And I like your forum here :]

Welcome, I have noticed that they are fetching more as well, still a bargin though!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Supply & demand. The word is out, and even though they made a ton of them, it's not an endless supply. The bluebook is less accurate, less up to date, & less often used than the avg. eBay price for just about any used item these days. Most pawn shop owners seem to use eBay rather than bluebooks as well.

Comment

aw that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just wait for a good deal then...
        :]

Comment

you can thank the internet.

they are too good of guitars to have stayed hidden or unknown for too long.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I never put too much faith in the blue book values of used Jackson's and Charvel's, always seemed a bit on the whosale priceing end to me.

Comment

It's killing me that I say a model 1 go for almost what some of the old san dimas guitars are going for.

Comment

A "Blue Book" is "Blue Shit". Most are self-serving attempts to jack-up prices.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I bought a 1a in 86 or 87 for $299 brand new, in 80's money that was more like $500 today. Best bargin around IMO!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I have watched these climb over the last few years and old Kramers as well. Word is getting out about how well they are made and play. Also, I think alot of it is that music is getting back to solos and guitar player oriented. Therefore, the demand for real playable/shredder guitars is rising. So are the prices.. A couple years ago, I got a 8 of 10 Model 4 with HSC for $267. Now they are going for at least 2 to 3 times this.

Comment

Originally posted by nyck View Post
                      aw that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll just wait for a good deal then...
                      :]
                      And when you find one, snap it up right away! If you stop to think about it someone else will snag it, whether on ebay or that pawnshop down the street.

Variation goes by not only the word getting out, but musical trends. Hell, in the mid-1980s you could buy used Gibson Les Pauls for $300-$400 all day! Then Gund 'n' Roses hit big and LPs got pricey again.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I saw a Model 1 go for $500 last week...supposedly pristine but still $500. I started a thread about it...I hope it was either a collector or someone who will baby it...the ones in that condition are few and far between now.
                        Last edited by goodwood; 07-16-2007, 08:15 AM.
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

At a local pawn shop there is a black Charvel Model 1 [the model with one humbucker] w/maple fretboard priced at $399..and it was in pretty bad shape too..

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM.
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

And when you find one, snap it up right away! If you stop to think about it someone else will snag it, whether on ebay or that pawnshop down the street.

I know right! A 1C popped up on e-bay a couple of nights ago. I seriously thought about buying it, but decided to sleep on it. Next morning-it was gone!

Comment

Working...
                              X