Question on Model 3DR pup rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Model 3DR pup rings

I was just sitting here polishing the 3DR body that I got for my next project trying to decide whether to refin it or not. So I grabbed one of the extra black metal pup rings I have that's going on my DK2 and placed it on the body so I could get an idea of how black hardware would look on the current finish. That's when I noticed that the screw holes don't line up.

Does the Model series really have larger pup rings? I've looked at pics JCFers have posted of their Models but there doesn't seem to be a larger gap between the pup and the top/bottom of the pup ring when compared to current J/Cs.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Yessir, those are the famous oversize rings for the Jackson pickups. Budman will hook you up with rings with the correct size & screw hole pattern and whatever inside size you need for the pickup you want to install.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      Yessir, those are the famous oversize rings for the Jackson pickups. Budman will hook you up with rings with the correct size & screw hole pattern and whatever inside size you need for the pickup you want to install.
      Oh, so the 3DR originally came with the Jackson pup that resembles an EMG?

Comment

Yep. Not sure which one, but I'm guessing J90C. Here's a scan:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          Yep. Not sure which one, but I'm guessing J90C. Here's a scan:

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Ch1...3DR-Page01.htm
          Thank you, sir! I've finally added that website to my favs for future reference.

Comment

Working...
          X