Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parts mutt is complete!

Hi all,
    Just finished my latest project. It had a few near miss finishes but this time I think its done for good. I had a red Model 1A body that I was using with a strat-head repro neck with a Charvel logo on it. Well, It didn't really do it for me so I decided to look for a better, original neck to make my guitar 100% Charvel again. I found a Model 2 neck on eBay for like 40 bucks, so I figured what the heck. I got it and put it on the body making it a "Model 1A/2." I plays fantastic now and feels a lot like my model 2, which I love to death! These Charvel "Model" necks are the best! Included in the mutt are: Besides the Model 2 neck, Grover mini tuners, strat replacement pickguard with a single humbucker, A Dimarzio Super Distortion p/u wired to a 1 Meg Ohm pot, and a black strat replacement tradtional bridge. I'm finally happy with it.

Picture of it along with my Model 2. (you can just see part of my RR3 in the photo):
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Cool, man! I love my Charvel mutt.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Looks great. I really like the Model Series necks. I like them better than the DK2 necks, but that is just me.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nice job! Model series necks kick ass!

Comment

Working...
        X