Info on Charvel Model A Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Charvel Model A Plus

I am looking at a Model A Plus at a local store but I know nothing about them, I am new to Charvels and I am not familiar with thier history/products. Can anyone tell me the original retail/street price when new? What do they go for used at this time? The store has it marked a $700.00, they also told me that new it sold in the $1000.00 range but I am not sure they are accurate. If that is a correct price $700.00 used seems reasonable but I also know that some 80's style guitar sell for much less than they are worth, the guitar is built well and seems like it is worth the $700.00 and it plays like a dream. Thanks in advance for any replys I may receive.

Nice guitars... made in Japan around 2002.
    Here's a link to a brief description of the guitars.

Again, nice guitars but $700 is a bit on the high side.
    Offer them $500 and see if they bite.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Nice guitars... made in Japan around 2002.
      Here's a link to a brief description of the guitars.

Again, nice guitars but $700 is a bit on the high side.
      Offer them $500 and see if they bite.
      Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

List on them was around $1200-$1400. When they were discontinued they were being blown out at $600 if I recall.

Comment

I got one new for $358 at MF when they were blowing them out.

They come up sometimes on Ebay and most go for under $500...or they don't go at all.

here's the last one I saw go off:

Comment

Originally posted by kp59 View Post
            They come up sometimes on Ebay and most go for under $500...or they don't go at all.

here's the last one I saw go off:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

That was an ugly one, that's partially why it didn't sell.
            It all depends on the finish and condition.
            Now a Model A+K, that's a good looking guitar.
            -Rick

Comment

I...

I have a Model A...and I love it. Super guitar....solid as a rock. First thing though...its a Gibson (24.75") scale neck. Second....the guitar was designed for a Floyd Rose Pro, but due financial reasons, the guitar got a 580 Trem. So the High/Low strings run right along the outer edge of the neck. You'll find that above the 15th fret...its easy to pull the high E off the fretboard. But tone? Fricken sweetest and thickest of the 5 guitars I've got...

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                I have a Model A...and I love it. Super guitar....solid as a rock. First thing though...its a Gibson (24.75") scale neck. Second....the guitar was designed for a Floyd Rose Pro, but due financial reasons, the guitar got a 580 Trem. So the High/Low strings run right along the outer edge of the neck. You'll find that above the 15th fret...its easy to pull the high E off the fretboard. But tone? Fricken sweetest and thickest of the 5 guitars I've got...
                Model A or A+ ?

Last model A I saw on ebay went for $330 I guess 2am isn't a great time to end auctions.

Comment

Model A

Model A.

Its actually on Ebay right now...wife said I had to thin out my collection.

Check it out...

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
                  Model A or A+ ?

Last model A I saw on ebay went for $330 I guess 2am isn't a great time to end auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270148540060

Comment

Working...
                  X