need some help with a model 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with a model 2

hello everybody,i'm new into this forum and guess i'm in need for some advice.fact is:i live really far away from the states (argentina,south america) and i was chasing a charvel for some time.last night i discovered one (think it's a model 2).i was wondering if you guys could tell me the production year and specs (kahler or floyd,pickup) and if it is really a japanese made charvel (i was told that all models 2 were made in japan but i'm not pretty sure about it).serial number is 311943,it also has fort worth tx 76113 USA in the neckplate.cost around 220 dollars (prices here are slightly on the expensive side).it's a black one and it has the charvel by jackson/charvel logo.i'd like to post a pic but i really don't know how! ok guys,guess that's all for the moment.when i purchase it i'll learn to upload pics and put some out.thanx for reading this and congratulations for the forum,lots of useful info! (sorry for my crappy english too!)

welcome, alejandro!

all Models 2 were indeed made in Japan. The neckplate seems to be off a Model series guitar. Beyond that, not much can be determined from the serial number alone. Can you describe the guitar? How many pickups, what type of pickup(s), what style of bridge, what knobs or switches it might have, what fretboard wood (maple/rosewood)? All of this will help us identify this guitar.

btw, $220 seems a fair price for a Model series guitar outside the US
    Hail yesterday

Comment

here is some info from one of the catalogs.
      you can't tell the year from the serial number on those.
      The TX plated guitars are all made in Japan.
      $220 is a great price, run don't walk back and get it!

And Welcome!
      Edit:damn not fast enough.

Comment

Welcome alejandro,your English is fine.Give more info on the guitar and we can make a positive ID.Thats a bargin at $220.00 go get it!!!!!!
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanx for making me feel welcome! well,here's what i could find out:volume pot,jackson bridge humbucker,rosewood fingerboard,maple neck,i don't know about the wood used in the body,bolt-on neck,22 frets,jackson licensed floyd rose (owner does not know which model is,same as the pickup),black colour.i think in a few days i'll be a happy charvel owner.
          damn i was having a really hard time trying to find out how to upload an image!

Comment

Get it, that is about the price you can get one here for. (USA)

Comment

Welcome. And like they said; "Buy it".
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Pickup should be a J-90c and they rock!!!
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X