Pimp my 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimp my 6

So I finally completed this Firecrackle Model 6 that I purchased a few months ago. It was probably a factory second and had never been assembled. It had been sitting neglected somewhere in Japan for its entire life:

Since it was a clean slate, I decided to go the following route -

- Custom floyd locknut shelf, headstock paint and logo by Mark (M&M Restoration)
    - Anodized aluminum plates, pickup ring, strap buttons, and Floyd-specific JT-6 studs by Dave (Fretsonthenet.com)
    - EMG 85/SA/SA
    - 80's Gotohs
    - Original Floyd Rose with 1/2" brass sustain block

Here's some pics:

I'm glad that it turned out to be a well-playing instrument. Since it hasn't ever seen strings until recently, it was a good thing when I finally got tension on the neck and nothing snapped. Mark's work on the headstock came out fantastic, and Dave's parts fit perfectly as always. The brass block helps it sustain better than any guitar I've owned. All in all, I'm 100% happy with how it came out

the finish on that guitar is awsome

Comment

Nice one...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Man i hate to say but i hate finland! It´s sooo wrong you guys can get so easy those killer Charvels...
        Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
        Jackson "Phobia" King-V
        BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
        SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
        Laney TF300
        Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Nice work! You got Dave's JT-6 studs too. I just put a set on my six along with a shiny new *black* Gotoh.

You're right about the Gotoh's brass block, makes a huge difference. Awesome trems. Very nice, mate.
          Last edited by Sanctuary; 08-06-2007, 02:15 AM.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That came out great! Congrats! Now I want a M6 too .

Comment

Nice to see she turned out so good!
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

OK already!!! Stop hassling me about it!!! I'll take it off your hands then!!!

Love it!!!
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

man, that came out great. And that's a serious chunk of brass round back!
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

where can you buy the brass blocks ? I was thinking about something like this for my OFR 7

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                        where can you buy the brass blocks ? I was thinking about something like this for my OFR 7
                        This one was purchased from frankenstraat.com. Dave at fretsonthenet makes them too, and there's a couple on the bay right now.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! Glad to be a member of the Model 6 owners club again

Comment

Nice Job

I was wondering and figure this is a good place to ask, Does an OFR retro fit onto the JT6 posts?
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Great job!!!

I really like the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                              Nice work! You got Dave's JT-6 studs too. I just put a set on my six along with a shiny new *black* Gotoh.

You're right about the Gotoh's brass block, makes a huge difference. Awesome trems. Very nice, mate.
                              Thx for recommending the Gotoh trem, when I first joined the board .... lol

Does Dave's studs have more of a pivot angle that the JT-6?

I noticed that the JT-6 studs aren't cut very deep, and the knife edges don't sit in properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X