Spectrum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum?

I bought this seafoam green Spectrum a while back for 200 usd, and though it wasn't my cup of tea at first, it's really grown on me! The neck is very comfortable, but the sound I got out of it wasn't all that great. But I read somewhere that you can tweak a pot in the cavity to get a different sound, so I tried it - and mine seemed to be set to minimum output or somethin', because when I put it on max the sound wasn't bad at all!

So I was hoping somebody could explain the electronics on the Spectrum for me!

My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

It has the JE-1500 Para-mid EQ. The knob selects the frequency range you want to boost, and you kick it in by throwing the switch. The trim pot on the PC board controls how much boost you get, so that's why it woke up when you turned it up. Here's the manual page that explains it nicely:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      It has the JE-1500 Para-mid EQ. The knob selects the frequency range you want to boost, and you kick it in by throwing the switch. The trim pot on the PC board controls how much boost you get, so that's why it woke up when you turned it up. Here's the manual page that explains it nicely:

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/Jac...8Page12_13.htm

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!!

Comment

Those guitars are freakin' sweet. I really like your color too. Nice one...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Agreed! I usually don't like that color a lot (stupidly passed on a turquoise 550 a while back, and regret it) but it looks awesome with the white pg and chrome hardware.

Comment

Nice guitar.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Beautiful spectrum!

Comment

There's one on Ebay uk right now, mislabeled as a Fusion.

http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I got one myself.......Desert Crackle with a maple neck. When you kick in
                  the "wah filter" it really screams!!

Comment

I've been fiddling around with the Spectrum, and I'm not really sure what to do with it..It seems that there is a crack going from the trem post and through to the bridge pickup cavity along with some other dings and knocks..
                    On top of that, I'm not getting used to the sound of it, and the looks are really not my cup of coffee...

Would I be a bad person if I decided to part the Spectrum out? I really LOVE the feel of the neck, and it seems that the Schaller alone costs more on Ebay than I can get for the Spectrum in one piece right now..

I'm thinking about getting a body that'd fit the neck, and allready routed for a recessed Schaller/floyd..

What would YOU do?

Comment

It's a mass-produced import. Part it out and build something that suits you better.

Comment

Id sell it to me... Ive always wanted a spectrum!
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                          It's a mass-produced import. Part it out and build something that suits you better.
                          I was hoping somebody would say that!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                            Id sell it to me... Ive always wanted a spectrum!
                            Are you sure? I'm talking about a Spectrum, not a speculum!

Comment

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X