Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the Holy grail of Import Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    My favorite is the Model 2. Simple straight up rockers!

What's the story with at Strathead neck? I wouldn't mind a maple board on my Model 2 at all
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
      What's the story with at Strathead neck? I wouldn't mind a maple board on my Model 2 at all
      It's a (badass) mutt. That looks so cool I'd splurge for a tiger stripe or birdseye maple neck. Jumbo frets? Who made the neck and what is the price.

Comment

+1 that looks awesome
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Well I nabbed a Model 2 finally. ALl stock, rosewood fretboard. Would love to do a Maple as well but plan to keep it stock. Just need a few things to finsih it and ill be rocking soon.

Comment

5fx only 300 made?

Comment

Originally posted by ~gino~ View Post
              Well I nabbed a Model 2 finally. ALl stock, rosewood fretboard. Would love to do a Maple as well but plan to keep it stock. Just need a few things to finsih it and ill be rocking soon.
              That will change soon. Just buy yourself another model 2 and mod it just like you want it.

I have two of these....

So with my next model 2, I assembled/built one of these. (more mods coming soon)

Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky those both kick total ass!

love em. is that maple boarded one a M2 with a different neck?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  That will change soon. Just buy yourself another model 2 and mod it just like you want it.

I have two of these....

So with my next model 2, I assembled/built one of these. (more mods coming soon)

I see you but OFRs on both of them. Which pups do you have in them?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    Tekky those both kick total ass!

love em. is that maple boarded one a M2 with a different neck?
                    yea. maple f/board was not an option on Model 2.

So you can either source a Model 4M neck ("M" for maple ), which will come with a locknut. Or a Model 1 neck, which you'll have to mod since they come with a standard nut only
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

a 375 deluxe was my first "real" guitar. I've since had a model 4, 7 and just got a 750xl.

the 4 is a sweet guitar, but the 750xl really is something special. If a 750xl was good enough for shawn lane, it's good enough for me

Comment

G is correct, it's a Model 4M neck.

Yes, when I get a Model series guitar with a locking tremolo, the first thing I do is replace the JT-6 with an OFR or the Schaller version. (though I try to reserve the Schallers for recessed tremolo applications)

The pickups are currently stock in all three. "I see two pictures." you say?? I've got two of the pearl white ones. They look exactly the same.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

The pickups are currently stock in all three.
                          I love the J-90C in my red Model 2. it screams.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I feel they're a little weak. I'm probably going to do Duncan Distortions or JBs in all of them.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

My "Holy Grail" is my Red Model 3A Charvel with a Tone Zone in the bridge..it's heavier than elephant tits..Heavy..

Comment

G is correct, it's a Model 4M neck.

Yes, when I get a Model series guitar with a locking tremolo, the first thing I do is replace the JT-6 with an OFR or the Schaller version. (though I try to reserve the Schallers for recessed tremolo applications)

The pickups are currently stock in all three. "I see two pictures." you say?? I've got two of the pearl white ones. They look exactly the same.
                                That is exactly what I do. My Model 2 was a stock pickup and it sounds really good.I have a 3a I wanted to swap pups on. I have installed the floyd I just need to play with the J80s. If I don't like them I am going to try a Super II and a super 3 in the bridge.
                                Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                                X