Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the Holy grail of Import Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own holy grail is my Model 6.

My 750XL is actually a better player, but the 6 just has that "something" that makes me pick it up every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      My own holy grail is my Model 6.

My 750XL is actually a better player, but the 6 just has that "something" that makes me pick it up every time.
      Maybe the longer scale length? It's a different tone.

Comment

The "Holy Grail" is probably sitting in a wardrobe or basement in some house in some street in some city in some country, rotting away...

The thought of that makes me sick...
        Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
          ...Being for the most part Models 1, 2, 3, 4, (solid colored, tobacco burst was ash) 7, and 8 all had basswood bodies and maple necks.
          Tekky...does that mean that mid to late 80s model 1 guitars would likely have ash bodies?
          These two on either side of my 1985 Jackson are the ones I'm wondering about. They do sound great but I have no idea of their composition and they have a Seymour Duncan Distortion and a Dimarzio in place of the stock pickups. The serial numbers are 287xxx and 293xxx.
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

No, theyre basswood. I think hes saying only the tobacco burst models had ash bodies.

Comment

The "Holy Grail" is probably sitting in a wardrobe or basement in some house in some street in some city in some country, rotting away...

The thought of that makes me sick...08-30-2007 03:03 AM
              what do you mean. Are you taking about "the first one". If so you are probably right and someone doesn't know what they have. Or it doesn't exist anymore. I bet it is the hands of some of the employees though.
              I have the lowest serial numbered neck-thru that I have seen. It's in the 50's.

Comment

No, what I was trying to say is is that the tobacco burst Model 7 is ash. All the others are basswood.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

For me, the grails are the imports I never owned.. a 750 XL and the Pro series Collen Arch Top (white) and King V (sparkle).. still waiting for the day I can snap up those.
                  DiMarzio Endorsee
                  www.dimarzio.com
                  Morley Endorsee
                  www.morley.com
                  "Intelli-Shred" author
                  www.myspace.com/intellishred
                  NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Hey guys how do I find out what year my Model 2 is? I nabbed a pawn shop one a couple weeks ago and im just waiting on some parts to get here from Frets and ill be playing!

Comment

If its got a kahler its an 86. If its got a jt-6 its an 87 or 88.

Comment

Since I am a fan of the single of hum and reverse headstock I have to go with the Model 88 for my Grail. I have a model 2 now that I really love. I really like the way a maple fretboard looks so I wouldnt mind picking up a Model 1

Comment

In general, I think the 750XL is held in high regard. To me though, it would be a Model 6. I played one here at a store, and I kick myself every time I see a Model 6 for not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                            What's the story with at Strathead neck? I wouldn't mind a maple board on my Model 2 at all
                            Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            It's a (badass) mutt. That looks so cool I'd splurge for a tiger stripe or birdseye maple neck. Jumbo frets? Who made the neck and what is the price.
                            Sorry guys, been busy the past few days. It's a Musikraft neck, and it was well worth the money. I've posted a pic of the specs from my order form. The only thing on the order form they couldn't do was a truss rod adjustment at the nut. Had to be heel adjust for one piece neck with the floyd shelf which was no big deal to me. It's as killer of a feeling neck as the one on my Fusion. The Fender pre-drilled neck plate holes were dead on to the Charvel plate, just had to make them a little larger diameter.

Thanks for all the compliments too!!!

Comment

Thanks Carbuff and Tekky...I read it like it said 'were' instead of was.

I think they sound great though and I thought it might be a stretch for them to be ash because the weight of them isn't quite as much as the other ash guitars I've had.
                              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                                I love the 750Xl. A lot of guys here do.

I tried to play a song using mine here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5JbAYEfMr14
                                In my opinion also the 750 XL

great playing man!
                                As I saw, you replaced the original bridge pickup.
                                What kind of pu do you use now?
                                Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

Working...
                                X