Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the Holy grail of Import Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOTRIFF View Post
    In my opinion also the 750 XL

great playing man!
    As I saw, you replaced the original bridge pickup.
    What kind of pu do you use now?
    Thanks!! I appreciate the apprecation

Well, in that vid, it is Dimarzio BREED in the Bridge and a PAF PRO in the neck. I had an EVO set floating around. I put them in there. YUCK. They sounded really "artificial". So a week or so later, I put that combo of Breed and PAFPro back in.

The BREED bridge sounds great, growls loud, clear and fairly bright, but not too much. Not so sure about the neck though...I might have to change that one to something else.
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I have a 750XL and the hype is true about them. I have a Md 6 that is a must also, but the Md 4m is right up there on the gotta have list, which I do have. great neck. Of course the Md 2 is like a mans best friend too, and i have 2 of these best friends for life. My 7's are sweet to have to mix things up, so I guess it comes down to I love all my Bitches.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        Sorry guys, been busy the past few days. It's a Musikraft neck, and it was well worth the money. I've posted a pic of the specs from my order form. The only thing on the order form they couldn't do was a truss rod adjustment at the nut. Had to be heel adjust for one piece neck with the floyd shelf which was no big deal to me. It's as killer of a feeling neck as the one on my Fusion. The Fender pre-drilled neck plate holes were dead on to the Charvel plate, just had to make them a little larger diameter.

Thanks for all the compliments too!!!
        Thanks!
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Every thread I read seems to inflame my GAS. I just added two or three to my wish list. Sheez.

Comment

Hi gino,
            I think the Model 88 is the best as far as tone goes that is why I hunted one down.
            There are several gret post here so I may have to reconsider my thinking.

Hey Budman68,
            The natural 88 looks great!
            Last edited by Jackson/Charvelfan; 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post

Hey Budman68,
              well thank you sir, and welcome to the forum-!
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson/Charvelfan View Post
                Hey Budman68,
                What he said....

Comment

I just found my Holy Grail: a Charvel TL-1 Telecaster. (See this thread.) I know it is USA made, but I live in Europe, so I consider it imported.

But seriously, there are a lot more Holy Grails here than in the USA. It is so hard to find the Charvel you are looking for, there are just not that many around. I spent some time looking for a model 7 but they are just not there. I see lots of them on E-bay (well, not lots of them, but they are there.) but many sellers don't want to ship them abroad.
                  You can get the recent models, and low-budget Charvels are not a problem. Model series are around, they sold back in the 80ies like hamburgers, so a Model 6 or 4 is easy to find, an usually in much better state than a twenty year old Big Mac, but a Model 88 or, as I found out, a 7 is nearly impossible.
                  Sometimes one gets lucky. The Tele I bought yesterday is a '96 San Dimas, one of 20 build... has been waiting for me for ten years on a shelf in the guitarshop.
                  Last edited by Bert K; 09-17-2007, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert K View Post
                    The Tele I bought yesterday is a '96 San Dimas, one of 20 build... has been waiting for me for ten years on a shelf in the guitarshop.
                    That's one patient guitar. Congrats on your find.

Comment

Working...
                    X