Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still doubt the recent popularity of the Model series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still doubt the recent popularity of the Model series?

As of 1:45 PM: JCF Online > Equipment > Import Charvel Guitars
    Currently Active Users: 37 (2 members/35 guests)

My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Here's more proof: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

$625 w/3 days left and it's not mint. I'm watching out of curiousity as this is exactly like my 6 - red, '86, w/kahler. Not that I'll ever sell mine, I bought it new in '87, and it's been my #1 since. Man, 2 or 3 years ago you could get these for $350-400 all day (especially with a kahler).
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I could barely get 415 for one I sold a month ago. it had one big chip on the back and different pickups.

Comment

I just paid $450 for a not-mint Model 4 with no hardshell case.

It was by accident since I'm an idiot and thought it was a Model 6, but still...

Comment

I've had my Model 6 since '96, my buddy just bought a mint Firecrackle off Ebay for $400. The deals are still out there...

Comment

Charvels sell for ridiculous amounts around here it seems. Model 6's are constantly 600€+ (that's around 800 US dollars).

Comment

Yup, the people who have M6es know what they have, and will not let go of them for peanuts! I was really lucky to score my OFR-modded one for 500€.

That being said, if the situation in Finland is anything like here in Sweden, it's more common that people try to get absolutely insane prices for anything that says Charvel on it. You constantly see 375s and 475s advertised at well over $800, as "Made in USA", and any less common model (such as Fusions) are "Custom Shop", or "Xtremly RARE!!!!!111!!!!".

Comment

sweet, I just got one of those 6 months ago in perfect working condition for $400 CANADIAN!

Comment

Sweet! Here in the Netherlands prices are just as high. This week I saw a Model 4 advertised for € 600... (But no biddings yet, people are not completely crazy.)

Comment

Originally posted by l1kel1ke View Post
                    sweet, I just got one of those 6 months ago in perfect working condition for $400 CANADIAN!
                    what is that like 395 US nowadays???

YES! Go Canada!
                    Last edited by Frigo89; 09-19-2007, 03:52 PM.
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

All in all after trade and cash I have $600.00 in my 88 and am very satisfied.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                        As of 1:45 PM: JCF Online > Equipment > Import Charvel Guitars
                        Currently Active Users: 37 (2 members/35 guests)

Those are most likely visits from search engine robots. Non-human. Like Nexus6's from Bladerunner. Artificial entities created by man. Compiled into assembler code and scanning the silicon-horizon of Cyberspace. Sweeping. Watching. Reporting.

They don't give jack shit about any Charvel imports
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I don't mind robots playing Charvels. If they really like them...

Comment

"...it's more common that people try to get absolutely insane prices for anything that says Charvel on it..."

Don't I know it! Heck, I've seen some people wanting 600 for a Charvette because they think it's a Charvel.

Comment

The days of buying J/C guitars on the cheap are long gone. Thank God, I bought most of mine a couple of years ago.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X