Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still doubt the recent popularity of the Model series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say long gone. Yes, they are harder to find now but you still can get a cheap one every now and then. Got my Kelly and my Model 6 (both in excellent condition) in the last 15 months or so and paid about $600 combined. I better stop before I start looking for another one.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Bling Bling

Comment

Whats sad is when I bought my "Pawn shop special",they wanted $299.00 and some of you remember the condition :O I talked them down and the $#*&^'s there was saying"Its a Charvel.I have been selling them for along time and They have ALWAYS been expensive,see Look on Ebay(Shows me Ebay,,like I havent studied it(rolleyes)) and They were trying to compare a Nice one Vs. this one." I kept telling them about ALL the problems and they kept saying"Dont tell me about the problems,tell me what its worth." I walked out on them(A few times,telling them They are NOT going to sell it at that price EVER!!!!) before when they wouldnt budge from that price initally,but later they folded to $120.00
        HIGHLY MODDED Peavey Ultra Plus 120
        Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt Amp
        (2)Vader 2x12 Cabs
        Late 80's-early 90's Ibanez Tubescreamer
        Boss TU-2
        2005 Jackson SLSMG Soloist
        1986 Black Cherry Charvel Model 4
        1988 Blue Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

Can the recent popularity of Charvels be taken as an indication that the non-technical guitar playing of the last decade is over? That you can get some credibility for actually being able to play your instrument.
          Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by VilmerX View Post
            Can the recent popularity of Charvels be taken as an indication that the non-technical guitar playing of the last decade is over? That you can get some credibility for actually being able to play your instrument.
            I've wondered the same thing.

Comment

Ive gotten some great deals on most of mine... Highest I paid was $530 for my dark cherry Model 6... and its the best sounding and playing guitar every. Its my main axe and I will NEVER get rid of that one. Also have a dark blue Model 6 that came out to around $300 from a Bro here, just needed to be rewired. Then I got a recent 475dlx for $240, a 375 for $200... and so on. The deals are out there, theyre just getting harder to come by.

All I want now is a white Model 2 and a Model 88 and Ill be more than happy.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by VilmerX View Post
                Technical playing never died - it just took the back seat for a while. Zakk always held the banner high - as did Dime (RIP). I think the thing that really tipped the scales back here in Europe though, was the breakthrough of C.O.B; new fresh band, new guitar hero, shredalicious songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  Technical playing never died - it just took the back seat for a while. Zakk always held the banner high - as did Dime (RIP). I think the thing that really tipped the scales back here in Europe though, was the breakthrough of C.O.B; new fresh band, new guitar hero, shredalicious songs.
                  I know it never died -you just needed to be a "nerd" to know where to find it .
                  f. ex I really love Matthias "IA"s playing. I had know problem getting through the last decade, I just had to stay clear of radio and TV.
                  It just strikes me, that in Denmark the national radio begun for a year ago to play heavy rock again. When you are at work, suddenly they play "breaking the law" just after lunch -sweet .
                  Another sign: the danish MTV channel has reintroduced headbangersball.
                  Claus.

Comment

Working...
                  X