Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wit Model 4 boost modification

Hey,
    I want to increase the midboost on my model 4 from 6dB to 12dB.

Is this even possible? and if it is, does anyone know how?

Thanks
    Ryan

Buy a EMG PA2 it'll give you 20db of boost.

Comment

Is there a way to modify the boost without switching out the original booster? I notice those EMG boosters are adjustable. Is ths same true of the stock booster in the Charvel?

Comment

Don't ask me for technical details, but you could just take another midbooster and place it behind the original one. That doubles the midboost.

Comment

As far as I can remember, there was no trim-pot on the JE-1200 board. You could always check though.

Wiring two JE-1200 in serial sounds like awkward business to me. Considering you have the master volume pot for the guitar directly on the JE-1200 board, figuring out and re-arranging the wiring would be complicated, and there is no way of accurately predicting how well they would work together. It would be a cool project to try for sure, but only if you're experienced with the theory behind audio electronics, IMO.

If I were you, I'd just toss the JE-1200 and install an EMG Afterburner. Or simply just use pedals to boost the desired frequencies.

Comment

Working...
          X