Duncan JB in a Model 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan JB in a Model 4?

Ok, this may be a lame thread, but its a delimma Im having and I need help. I have 2 Model 4s that I LOVE!! One has a Custom shop Seymour Duncan Crazy 8 trembucker in it. The other, I cant quite decide what to use in it. Ive tried a Rio BBQ, Duncan Distortion, Custom. I hate swapping pickups on Trem guitars, especially my nice ones that I dont want to scratch up.
    All that to ask this...
    Ive recently been really enjoying the JB in several of my other guitars. Any run a JB in a model 4?? How is it??

Thanks

a friend of mine have a model 4 witha jb.it's sound nice for me(but i like the emg so,).what kind of sound do you want from your guitar?

Comment

I ran a JB in a M4 for a while and I liked it a lot. What I didn't like was that it was a zebra in a white guitar ( I originally bought it for a black M4). When I decided to change it due to the color I bought a black Duncan Distortion just to try. The JB now resides in a Strat. But again, this had way more to do with color than sound as I like both pups.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
        a friend of mine have a model 4 witha jb.it's sound nice for me(but i like the emg so,).what kind of sound do you want from your guitar?

Probably 80s metal.. The Crazy 8 in the other one is a monster for leads..

Comment

I have a Model 375 deluxe that I used a Duncan distortion in for awhile. I recently changed it to a DiMarzio Super Distortion and I really love it way better. Much "smoother" distortions through my modeling amp. I have to say, I recently became a DiMarzio SD fan again. I bought my first 2 super distortions back in the early 80's (still using them too!) and now recently I have put a few more in some of my other guitars. The sound I'm looking for is straight 80's metal. The Super Distortions really fit the bill. Hope this helps.
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Hmm.. The Super D kills in a paul.. Ive never tried one in anything else..

Comment

well, the JB was designed origanally to go in a mahogany guitar..

I would try the Duncan Distortion if you want to go with Duncan...
              Or go with a Super Distortion From Dimarzio...

(im saying this thinking the M4 is an alder or poplar guitar) correct me if I am wrong
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post

I would try the Duncan Distortion if you want to go with Duncan...
                Or go with a Super Distortion From Dimarzio...

(im saying this thinking the M4 is an alder or poplar guitar) correct me if I am wrong
                The model 4 is made of basswood.
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

then the JB would sound great,

if you go with Dimarzio, use a Steve's Special.. its designed for basswood
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

then the JB would sound great,
                    It does, in my M4. Pretty bright, compared with a lot of others, but certainly an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                      Hmm.. The Super D kills in a paul.. Ive never tried one in anything else..
                      Right now I have SD's in 2 Les Pauls that sound awesome, and 2 in Charvels. My Mod 2 and a 375 deluxe now have them too.....all I can say is they are NOT coming out!
                      Guitars:
                      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                      1988 Model 2,
                      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                      RR3
                      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                      2005 SG Special

Comment

I thought the JB was designed for the bridge of a strat (reason why it works with a 250K volume and tone already in the strat).

I could see how the brightness would work well with mahogany as well...

Comment

What about a Tone Zone??

I have JBs in a Schecter C1 (mahog), Washburn MG100 (swamp ash), Washburn Steve salas Signature model (Mahog), Kramer Pacer Imperial(Alder), and I had one in a DK2 once. Very Awesome in all..

I think I might try a Duncan PATB3. I have a Super D that Ill try this weekend.. Wont know til I try since its recommended so highly.. Sadly, its double cream and my 4 is black.. ick! haha

Comment

Working...
                          X