What did I just buy? Gas got the better of me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just buy? Gas got the better of me

I saw this one and couldnt pass it up. It just seemed to call me to it. Not sure if I got screwed or it was a good deal, I dont even know what model it is but damn it just looked sweet.

:ROTF: Prob plywood and elmers wood glue...

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

I've got a charvel similar to yours [except the model I have is black]..it came loaded with 2 seymours..it isn't a bad player either..except I haven't played it in about a year and a half [so i really don't remember to well]..i ripped out the standard trem and the trem posts..doweled the holes, took a woodfile and dremmel to make a shelf for a locking nut and hopefully I'll toss in a floyd soon..the maple neck seems kinda soft to me though..

Comment

Oh..hell I forgot to answer your question..I think it's a Charvel Standard..

Comment

whats with charvel and the strat trem's? =(

Comment

very nice guitars. here are some specs for you

these models came out in 2002 and ended when charvel went back to US production models. which have now stopped too.

Comment

whats with charvel and the strat trem's? =(
            The standard was modeled after the original san dimas charvels. Most of them had v-trems. Some had Kahlers. There was no Floyd Rose yet.
            Even frankenstein origianlly had a v-trem.

Comment

Definately not plywood and it should have a nice 1/8" thick top on it. List price on it was probably close to 1K when it was new. I think the Model A's where around $1200 with a street price around $900 in 2002. I owned a few Model A's and they were nice.

Comment

Yup. Those Y2K Y2K1 MIJ Charvels are nice. The necks are great. I have a Journeyman that's in need of a new set of pots which I must get around to sometime...
                Model 3
                Model 5A
                Model 3B
                Journeyman
                Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

I have a traditional model (22 frets, H-S-S Config, Chravel Floyd).
                  Son has a model A+

Change out the cheaper pots and you have one of the better foreign made guitars I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X