My first Charvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel...

After 30 years of playing Gibson and Fender's I took the plunge and bought a Model 3. She just arrived today and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I have no idea how to use the trem (I always blocked them on my Fender's). I just wanted to show her off and I really hope total ignorant noob's are welcomed here!

Welcome Bangkok! You certainly started off you Charvel collection on the right foot by getting one of the greatest Charvel import models. The Model 3's neck profile and fits ull size strat body are very reminisicent of the original San Dimas pointy heads. Enjoy!

Comment

"You certainly started off you Charvel collection on the right foot by getting one of the greatest Charvel import models"

Yes, I have a model 2 and it's the most comfortable guitar in the world to play. Looks in good shape too. Good luck with it. My Model 2 was my intro to Charvels and it grew on me in a hurry. The problem is, it won't be your last!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

I already really want a Burgandy Mist one! It doesn't look like they come up on the 'bay though!

Comment

Welcome to the board, the model 3 looks great. I am sure if you do a search you can find all the info you need on the trem. So how do you like it so far? How does it compare to what you are use to?
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

I did the same thing over the summer and haven't looked back since.The trem is by far superior to the one used on most strats.You shouldn't have any major tuning problems,but string changes take longer.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              Welcome to the board, the model 3 looks great. I am sure if you do a search you can find all the info you need on the trem. So how do you like it so far? How does it compare to what you are use to?
              So far I love it! It's just a fun guitar to mess with. I am finding it quite easy to go back and forth between the Charvel and the Gibby's and Fender's.

As for the trem, after sitting down and taking a good look it would seem a bit easier to deal with than at first glace. I assume that the Allen screws inside of the fine tuners are the string locks at that end?

Comment

Originally posted by bangkok View Post
                So far I love it! It's just a fun guitar to mess with. I am finding it quite easy to go back and forth between the Charvel and the Gibby's and Fender's.

As for the trem, after sitting down and taking a good look it would seem a bit easier to deal with than at first glace. I assume that the Allen screws inside of the fine tuners are the string locks at that end?
                They are....Be gentle with them and make sure you use the correct Allen wrench.....The heads are quite soft and strip easily........Hopefully somebody can chime in and give you the actual wrench size, because I don't remember it off the top of my head

Comment

Nice 3 man, you will get more!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

So, there were a couple of neck pocket cracks on her and it seems that everyone says that it isn't a big deal. I sent an email to the seller about them and he said sorry and refunded me my $40 shipping! I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

Comment

Wow that's cool he gave you the shipping back. The cracks are most likely just in the finish not into the actual wood. Welcome to the J/C club man.
                      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome aboard! Nice guitar!!

Comment

I thought it was beyond cool that he offered my shipping back! It proves to me that not all ebay sellers are jerks (and let me tell you, I've dealt with a few)! The cracks are just normal checking, not through the wood at all.

Comment

Nice Model 3 and welcome to the madness. I don't remember the lynch mob running me off when I was a total noob, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

Comment

Thanks, so far everyone has been very cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X