Model 3 neck pocket cracks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 neck pocket cracks!

Are these normal and to be expected? Should a seller warn of these? And are these just paint cracks or into the wood? They are deeper than you can see in the pictures. Thanks

Thats normal just in the finish, hell its an old guitar its allowed to have those.Cool ass color too.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool, I thought so, but better to ask! And yes it is a cool color, it's just so 80's!

Comment

I have a Fender Strat with those same cracks. Still as stable as hell. Don't worry.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

All my best players have those, not to worry.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have several Strat's, all are natural or Sunburst's with only one being "painted", and it doesn't have this. I have seen this before though and wondered.

Comment

My 86 model 3 dosen't have any,but my 87 has a small one.They may have used a different brand of paint for certain years.Looks like it's only in the clear coat anyway.

Comment

My white Fenderstrat and Charvel has these cracks to.
                My guitars:
                Fender Stratocaster 72 Reissue in White MIM
                Fender Stratocaster 60 Reissue in Candy Red MIM
                Jackson Fusion Professional SS
                Ibanez -nylonguitar

http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomcurtainsonfire

Comment

My model 1 has the same deal but its just in the finish so no worries.

Comment

I had a Model 2, DX10D and a Rhoads Concept and all three had finish cracks in the neck pocket.

Comment

Had the same crack on a 375 and the store told me exactly what people have been saying, "finish crack". I ended up stripping it and repainting though and found out that it was in fact in the wood! Never the less, after finsihing it, can't see it anymore and It doesn't seem to affect anything.
                      Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
                      Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
                      Fender Telecaster Standard MM
                      Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                      Jackson Stealth EX
                      Charvel 375
                      Ibanez Daytripper
                      OLP Musicman
                      Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
                      Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by Skully View Post
                        Had the same crack on a 375 and the store told me exactly what people have been saying, "finish crack". I ended up stripping it and repainting though and found out that it was in fact in the wood! Never the less, after finsihing it, can't see it anymore and It doesn't seem to affect anything.
                        I know sometimes they can be caused by paint shrinkage and are harmless, but can't they also be an indicator that the guitar was dropped? I know if a bolty falls off the stand and hits the floor, you are almost guaranteed to have neck pocket cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I know sometimes they can be caused by paint shrinkage and are harmless, but can't they also be an indicator that the guitar was dropped? I know if a bolty falls off the stand and hits the floor, you are almost guaranteed to have neck pocket cracks.
                          I have also heard that it was from dropping it but i also figured it could be age. I would guess mine is from being dropped cuz my guitar had a lot of wear and tear on it when i got it, but thats character right??? Whoever had my guitar didnt really play it that much considering its age but they definetely didnt give it much t.l.c.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman89 View Post
                            I have also heard that it was from dropping it but i also figured it could be age. I would guess mine is from being dropped cuz my guitar had a lot of wear and tear on it when i got it, but thats character right??? Whoever had my guitar didnt really play it that much considering its age but they definetely didnt give it much t.l.c.
                            I agree, if you've never dropped your guitar, slammed it against your half stack acting like a fool or kicked it over reaching for another one! You ain't playing it right
                            Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
                            Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
                            Fender Telecaster Standard MM
                            Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                            Jackson Stealth EX
                            Charvel 375
                            Ibanez Daytripper
                            OLP Musicman
                            Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
                            Sonic 4 x 12

Comment