Opps! I did it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opps! I did it again...

I just got my first Model 3 a few days ago and now I just hit the BIN on a black Model 4! I love playing the Model 3, but then I started lusting after active pickups and sharkfins! Uh-Oh!

Well, if it's like the 86 Model 4, like I had, the pickups are not active. It merely has a preamp built into it. Still, one of the guitars I should've never sold. You should love it.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Nope not active but a pre amp. Vol pot is attached to a circut board.Model 4s are very nice.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Still, Sharkfins!!

Comment

If you like sharkies, you're lucky you didn't hit the BIN on a model 6. Sharkies, binding, and a neck-thru.

Umm, I'm not helping the GAS situation here, am I?

BTW, the Vol pot is not attached to the preamp. There is a separate knob for that.
          Last edited by Glave; 11-23-2007, 11:13 AM.
          My gear
          87 Charvel Model 6
          86 Charvel Model 4
          93 Jackson RR EX
          93 Jackson Kelly STD
          88 Ibanez RG560
          99 Schecter Diamond C-7
          Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

I was looking for a really nice Model 6 for all of those reasons, but this one had a $300 BIN with free shipping and is in really nice condition! I couldn't resist.

Comment

The vol pot IS attached to the pre amp circut board in all of mine.The mid boost control is wired to the CB but separate.
              I even have one that all three pots are attached to the CB.Budman has one of these as well.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So, on the Model 4 are the two "single coils" really stacked humbuckers? How do the the three switches and the three pots (one is the volume and one tone) work?

Comment

three on/off switches for the pickups, and volume/tone/midboost.

Comment

Cool! So each pickup has it's own on/off switch? What a concept! Anyone know the size Allen (Hex) wrenches for the JT6 trems on my Mod 3 and 4? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X