Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the model series neck contours the same beetween each model? (1,2,3,4,5,6?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the model series neck contours the same beetween each model? (1,2,3,4,5,6?)

Alright, I love the neck on my model 1 and I want to get a model 5 or 6 next.

Are the necks contours the same across the board or were they unique to each model?

The bolt-ons are all pretty similar in my experience, with the exception being my Model 7, which has just a little more of a full profile. I'm not sure if that's true for all of them. My '87 Model 6 has a bit thicker neck than the usual Model Series bolt-on, but quite a few people here have said that their '86 Model 5s and Model 6s have thinner necks, closer to the bolt-on profile. I think you'll love the neck on a 5 or 6, even if it's not identical to your Model 1, but I'm biased.

Comment

My 88 Model 5A has a thick neck compared to the bolt-ons.
      Like a soft D.
      -Rick

Comment

I also think the bolt ons are pretty much the same, with the neckthroughs being a little more beefy, but not fat by any means.
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

If you like your bolt-ons you may find the Models 5&6s a bit strange just do to the fact that they have painted necks. I don't own a Model 6 but I do have a 4 with all those mini switches and they drive me crazy.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

My experience is most bolt-ons are very similar. I've only had one neck on a 3DR that felt thinner than the others...but that's by feel as I never measured it. The neckthru's are a little thicker by comparison. All of em should have a 12 to 16" radius conical fingerboard.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
            X