Model 3 & 4 w/JT-6 trem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 & 4 w/JT-6 trem...

Hi, I just bought my first couple of Model guitars and I am a noob when it comes to these type of trems. I was wondering if the trem hardware are in inches or metric? Does anyone know the sizes off hand? Is there a good replacement that is just a drop-in? Thanks

i MAY be wrong...but i think a schaller would fit..an OFR will too but, i think u have to use different posts, which may not fit in the original holes..i can't rememebr if uthey're smaller/bigger...

Comment

You don't need to change the posts for an OFR to work. The JT-6 posts have a bit more of a closed angle to them that slightly limits the range of an OFR, but Budman makes replacement posts that take care of that.

Comment

When I asked, "Does anyone know the sizes off hand?" I meant for the hex (Allen) screws. I should have been more specific. Thanks for all the responses though!

Comment

We figured once you were told it was metric, you would either already have a $5 metric allen set or go get one, however the answer to your question is 2.5mm hex allen wrench for both string locking and saddle locking.

Comment

Isn't that the same size as an OFR wrench (smaller one)?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              We figured once you were told it was metric, you would either already have a $5 metric allen set or go get one, however the answer to your question is 2.5mm hex allen wrench for both string locking and saddle locking.
              You figured right, that's exactly what I did. Just in reading back what I had wrote, it looked a little retarded and non-sensacal (sp?). So, I wanted to clarifiy what I meant. Thanks for the size though.

Comment

Working...
              X