My First Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Charvel

I just picked up my first Charvel, from E-pray.
    Lets just say it's the kind of guitar that makes you want to stay home from work and just play guitar all day. It's everything I could have wanted. It has the stock Jackson pup in it, and it just rocks for the music I like. This guitar is the complete package for me, playability, sound, everything is so balanced. Amazing sustain as well! I am playing it through a Peavy Ultra 112 tube. It sounds good all over this amp, on the clean and crunch and ultra channels. I was late for work today, too busy playing In My Dreams! Anyway the only pic I have is from the auction page and I know you all know what they look like but, hey! I'm proud of this little rocker! I'm guessing it's from around '88?

"We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
    Zakk Wylde

Cool guitar! It looks like a model 1. I love the maple fingerboard! I have a model 4M with a maple fingerboard and I wouldn't give it up for any price. I've been looking for a new one something like yours to complement it.

Congrats!!!

Checkout My New Song Here

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6572063

Heres another one for ya's
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6643459

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingSkull View Post
      I'm guessing it's from around '88?
      Yup, it's a M1. Anything between 1986-1988 is possible.

Congrats on a great guitar!

Comment

I have a red one as well. They look great and play better. Congrats.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

awesome Model 1 and in great condidtion!! i need to get me one lol

someone correct me but i guess 87-88 as i think model 1s were just strat style in 86?

if it has an r next to the logo i think that indicates what year too

Comment

The M1 always had a full size strat body as far as I know, just like in the picture...

Comment

Nice! i got one in black and absolutely love it!

Comment

Thanks guys, I am thrilled with it too.
                "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                Zakk Wylde

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  The M1 always had a full size strat body as far as I know, just like in the picture...
                  i wasn't talking about the body, i meant as in originally in 86 it was a three singlecoil guitar with scratchplate, i thought the single hum version was later?

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                    i wasn't talking about the body, i meant as in originally in 86 it was a three singlecoil guitar with scratchplate, i thought the single hum version was later?
                    Model 1 was a single humbucker, rear-mounted pickups/controls. The Model 1A is what you're speaking of.

There is some speculation that the presence of the plastic neck plate gasket may be a way of indicating whether the guitar is made in 86. (I think it was said that the 86's didn't have 'em)
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding! You're thinking of Model 1A. I think both M1 (1 hum, rear routed) and the M1A was made in 86.

Comment

ah cool

Comment

Model 1's kick ass!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Won't be your last!
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

As for dating an import bolt-on Charvel, somewhere on this forum I once found the following information:

1986: SN 222,000 - 258,000
                              1987: SN 258,000 - 299,000
                              1988: SN 299,000 - 315,000
                              1989: SN 315,000 - 330,000
                              1990: SN 330,000 - 335,000
                              1991: SN 335,000+

I have no idea how accurate these estimates are.

Did the import Charvies ever have date stamps in the neck pocket, like the import Jacksons do?

Comment

Working...
                              X