Pickup Upgrade !! HELP !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Upgrade !! HELP !!

so i own DKMG 2005 model , and im so happy with it , every thing is just flawless..

but EMG HZ sounds weak, and dunt have Sustain..
    and i checked its H3 not H4..
    im pluging it into my GT8 to Peavy Speakers,
    the tone just not good,muddy
    the Ibanez INF pickups totaly blows away EMG hz
    i am a newbee @ Pickups

1)i wana a pickup update,
    as always the option is EMG active 81/85 because of the Afterburner Battery instaled already .. ive never played an Actives before .. but i heard some live stuff on it .. sounds so powerfull , attack and everything

2)i was also considiring about the Dimarzio PAF

3)Or Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 Humbucking Pickup

Seymour Duncan® ‘59™ SH1N Humbucking Pickup
    Soloist

4) Seymour Duncan® Full Shred™ SH10 Humbucking Pickup
    Seymour Duncan® Invader™ SH8 Humbucking Pickup
    WR-1

i am looking for a pickup that can give good tone and dynamics out of it, and can have both Clean and Heavy Warm Sound ,
    im not a power metal freak..
    In God we Trust, All others must pay cash :ROTF:

I believe your Ibanez has similar Dimarzios in it, the Dimarzio site says:

The DiMarzio®/IBZ pickups in the Ibanez RG2120 and RG2570EX are specifically designed and manufactured by DiMarzio® for Ibanez, and they are not available separately. Like all DiMarzio® pickups, they are made in our New York factory. Both neck and bridge pickups are high-output models. The neck pickup is fairly bright-sounding, similar to a Super 2™ (DP104). The bridge pickup is a little louder and warmer-sounding, and resembles a cross between the Steve Morse Bridge Model™ (DP200) and the Super Distortion® (DP100). The R1 single-coil is warmer-sounding than a typical vintage single-coil, and was designed to work well with the neck and bridge humbuckers when they are in split mode. It has a sound similar to that of the HS-2™ in split-coil mode.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

but i want a Humbucking Setup Upgrade

i have checked out Active EMG 81/85 ,
      but i need some reviews on Ducans and Dimarzio

Comment

I just put in a invader in the bridge on my mutt and its amazing! I couldn't want anything more in a pickup, I would highly recommend it. I hate the way EMGs sound, their very steral. I would also suggest looking into a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts. They are the new Duncan active pickups, they sound like EMGs with alot more life to them.
        Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
        Ibanez RG7321 loaded with Seymour Duncan Invaders
        Charvel frankenstien guitar (not entirely sure what it is has a Charvel Logo)
        Line 6 Pod Xt Live
        Atomic Reactor 212 50 Watt
        Groove Tubes
        Dr Strings

Comment

go with the emg 81/85 all the way!! my ps4 rocks, and i also have the emg pre-amp booster toogle and this thing rocks and has sustain all day long. go active, once you do you'll never go back to passive pick ups. hers my ps4 setup.

don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
          http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

any one tried out LIVE WIRE - MUST
            Dave Mustine Signature one , ive heard they so hot , better then EMG ZW

Comment

ya i thought about trying those too
              don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
              http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by metalcore View Post
                any one tried out LIVE WIRE - MUST
                Dave Mustine Signature one , ive heard they so hot , better then EMG ZW
                I have used the LW Heavy Metal set, along with emgs 81,60 and 85. After that experience I think active pickups have too much gain (for me anyway). I'd recommend either a JB, a duncan custom, or the most underrated distortion pickup ever, the Parallel axis distortion trembucker (PATB2-B). I think that the JB is an allround winner, but can sound somewhat shrill in bright guitars. The custom or PATB would be my second choice. For the neck I'd go with the Jazz or 59.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  I have used the LW Heavy Metal set, along with emgs 81,60 and 85. After that experience I think active pickups have too much gain (for me anyway). I'd recommend either a JB, a duncan custom, or the most underrated distortion pickup ever, the Parallel axis distortion trembucker (PATB2-B). I think that the JB is an allround winner, but can sound somewhat shrill in bright guitars. The custom or PATB would be my second choice. For the neck I'd go with the Jazz or 59.
                  yes that is what i am also concerned about, but the Gain is Controlable in Live Wire- Must , they say its Replicant of SH-4 JB and SH-2n Jazz Model,

i also like the DEMO Sound better then JB at Seymour Duncan website..

My guitar play is more about Solos , and Lead stuff, so its better to do JB upgrade ..
                  any one els ?? to help me out..

Comment

Working...
                  X