CHS2 owners - neck questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHS2 owners - neck questions

Anyone out there own a CHS2 and if so what can you tell me about the neck?
    Radius?
    Profile?
    Nut width?
    Heel width?
    Finished/unfinished?
    Type of tuners?
    Fret size?

Thanks in advance.

I own a CHS2 and it was the first guitar I ever purchased and it is the one that infected me with Jackson/Charvel G.A.S. I bought it brand new in 97. Back to your questions. The radius is flatter than my other guitars. Quite fender like. The nut width is 1 11/16. Heel width? The finish is gloss and it is very slick and smooth. Regular Jackson tuners with Charvel logos (Gotoh?). It has Jumbo frets. The profile feels like my DKMGT and Surfcaster SC90 necks. My neck has some very awesome figuring (flame) and it looks slightly tinted like custom shop fenders. Overall mine is an awesome guitar. I have never played another one so I can't say they are all that way though. Thanks for starting this thread because you made me pull it out of hibernation. I had forgotten how much I liked this guitar. Mine was made in Korea. Some people said China but the sticker on mine said Korea. I paid $280 for it new.
    Hope that helps.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

At the time I started this thread I was bidding on a Charvel neck on E-Bay that I was going to use on a parts mutt. The guy selling the neck was not a real technical type of guy and couldn't tell me much about it. I checked the Charvel catalogue scans and as far as I could tell the neck was from a CHS2. Anyway, I won the neck for under $100.00 shipped and have been doing alot of work to it since it arrived. The heel had a crack which I have repaired, I plugged the mount bolt holes with some 1/4 " hardwood dowels and will re-drill when I'm ready to mount it on the body,I re-shaped the "sears" headstock to more of a strathead look, I removed the finish from the back of the neck and am waiting for the Birchwood-Casey Tru Oil that I ordered to arrive so that I can apply it, and I gave the rosewood fretboard a good cleaning with some lemon oil and 0000 steel wool. I'm documenting the whole job and will post some pic's when I get a chance.

Comment

Cool can't wait to see your completed project. I need to take some pics of mine and show how mine has some nice figuring.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
        X