My Charvel Mutt is finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel Mutt is finished!

Here it is in all of its muttly glory! I know its not a true Charvel but it plays like one! It has a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge and Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the middle and neck. And the bridge is full floating. Soon I will take out the 5 position switch and put in 3 switches for individual pickup selections (they will be 3 positions so I can also coil tap). Also I'm putting a new onboard effect that I kind of invented, called a Stutter Box. It is kind of like a "auto-kill switch". It will turn the signal from the guitar on and off at a set tempo, which is set using a knob.

Please tell me what you think of how it turned out and what you think of the idea of the Stutter box.

Before:

After:
    (never mind the 7 string in the background)

Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
    Ibanez RG7321 loaded with Seymour Duncan Invaders
    Charvel frankenstien guitar (not entirely sure what it is has a Charvel Logo)
    Line 6 Pod Xt Live
    Atomic Reactor 212 50 Watt
    Groove Tubes
    Dr Strings

Hey Piro, that's pretty cool looking.
    Nice job.
    I think the stutter box is a sweet idea.
    Would be cool to kick into that effect and out as required.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Piro, welcome to the JCF! Your mutt looks great, love the color. Is that a Jackson or Charvel body? Was there a 21 or 22 fret neck on the body before the Charvel neck? Those Charvel Model series necks are the shit!

Edit: I have that same Levy's strap. I use it on my Clone.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Looks sweet!! The stutter box thing is interesting you should post some type of sound clip when u get it in. I also like the three switch idea versus the 5 blade. Yeah its hard to beat the model series necks!

Comment

almost looks like some kind of kramer body? nice idea. nice colour. and welcome!!

Comment

I know the body isn't a Jackson or a Charvel, I have no idea where it came from. All I know is that its pretty beat up and its alder. It sounds awsome so I probably wont change it! MY next project will either be a Charvel Model 6 or a 650xl.
            Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
            Line 6 Pod Xt Live
            Groove Tubes
            Dr Strings

Comment

Piro,
              Let me cast a vote for keeping the 5-way switch... or at least the concept.
              Heck, it's easy to flip... almost instinctive... and no looking down to see which switches are on/off/tapped...
              Just look at a predator.
              That's just two pickups... and major tonal variation, and very appreciated.
              It works!
              Lot's of switches = great for studio
              Simple "bang it" switches = great for live

hehe

you said "bang it"

that's cool

hehe

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                hehe

you said "bang it"

that's cool

hehe

Ya, I understand where our coming from. I've had a few guitars with the 3 switches and I got used to it so its like second nature to me.
                Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
                Line 6 Pod Xt Live
                Groove Tubes
                Dr Strings

Comment

Get those speed knobs off there.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Get those speed knobs off there.
                    Makes it look like an early Kramer Focus. But, I do like the speed knobs.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Piro View Post
                      I know the body isn't a Jackson or a Charvel, I have no idea where it came from. All I know is that its pretty beat up and its alder. It sounds awsome so I probably wont change it! MY next project will either be a Charvel Model 6 or a 650xl.
                      The body looks like a Peavey if you ask me! Can't remember what model it's called tho.

Comment

Nice job. That thing looks sweet!!!
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                          Nice job. That thing looks sweet!!!
                          Thanks, It sounds better than it looks. Only issue is there are two really nasty cracks coming from the neck joint. As soon as I get the $$ I'm gonna replace the body with a new one that is as close to the current one (alder, metallic blue). I'm prolly also gonna replace the licensed floyd rose wit ha real one.
                          Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
                          Line 6 Pod Xt Live
                          Groove Tubes
                          Dr Strings

Comment

Working...
                          X