Like Coming Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Coming Home

Ever have one of those feelings, like you just redeemed yourself? Well, it's a good feeling.
    About 15 years ago, I made the mistake of trading my 86' Charvel Model 4 in on another guitar. I didn't know how to repair guitars, then, and the poor thing was starting to slowly fall apart, here and there. However, over time, I learned I made a mistake, especially now, with the internet making part-hunting much easier. I've been regretting getting rid of what was my graduation present for years, now...
    ...Then, over the past week, I meet one of our fellow JCFers, here, on the forums, who just so happened to score not one, but TWO identical black 86' Model 4s, just like I once owned. He says he got such a good deal on them both, he couldn't pass them up. THEN, in a stroke of luck, he actually makes one of them available, to me, for sale, for a generous deal.
    The guitar showed up, today, and it is exactly how he described it. It may be a little rough around the edges, now, but most of it is simple tweaking and tuning. It plays just how I remember it.
    Thank you, spike, for sharing your good fortune with someone you only knew by a silly forum name. She will be well taken care of.

I'm not Ron!

You are most welcome, Brother
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

nice story. I recently installed some Duncans (a JB & two classic stacks, courtesy of one of our members) in my '86 Model 4. It has been my No 1 player since.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

That's just how my brother Spike is. About 8 weeks or so ago, he said he was going to line up a nice Charvel for me to get back into playing.... well a vintage model 6 is now in my home being played daily. Love you tons Spike!!

Comment

Very cool story! Now, post some pics.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

When I get a moment, I'll throw some pics up, but for now I'm busy tweaking, playing, and just generally enjoying it.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Congrats on your M4 RacerX2k! They truly are great guitars. But you already knew that.

nhspike is making a big splash around here! First the guy goes on a shopping spree for import J/C and now he's actually passing them on to fellow JCFers on good deals. Kudos!

Comment

thanks for the kind words n stuff... you guys rock!
                my sig line says it all...
                LOL
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

geez, how cool did that turn out? i have a Model 4M, so i can understand where you are coming from.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I know. Now if I could get my Model 6 back.......

I think what I'm gonna do, too, in the near future, is scrap my Green Meanie project, sell the parts off, and fund restoration parts for her. That or wait till my b-day in April for funding. So far, Fret On The Net seems like a decent place to locate some of the parts. The previous owner before Spike put a JT-6 locking nut in place of the Kahler lock (and I'm real anal about this stuff), so if anyone has one that they'd like to trade for this one, let me know. I think come April, I might give the old girl a fresh refin. She deserves it, and I plan on keeping her for a long time!

I'll take some pics, and throw them up, soon.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                    X