Model 5A I Scored off Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5A I Scored off Ebay

Pics suck but here she is...After much frustration with the JT-6 and some good advice here on the JCF She's singing sweetly. Got her for $409 shipped with a very nice hardshell case!!

That is the case she's laying on top of, and before anybody says it, there is a truss rod cover on the way from Dave.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

I love 5a's. Not knowing much of the market nowadays, I'd say that was a fair price for the quality level those guitars have. Maybe I can score one in Iowa for like 2 bills if I scourge about some. Nice axe!

Comment

Looks great! Congrats. Is the color a metallic red?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
        Looks great! Congrats. Is the color a metallic red?
        Yes...it was described as Candy Red.

Comment

Very nice!, I just got a model 2 in candy red off ebay that's in excellent condition. for about $350. shipped.
          I saw that one after I got mine, if I remember right, it had a BIN of $375. Great price!, I wish I would have grabbed it!
          I know a guy that has a 5A and says they're kind of rare.

Comment

Very nice score! That's a good price for a 5a.

Comment

Yeah....the BIN was 374.99 +$35.00 Shipping. The case it came with is brand new and is huge....he packed it very well. The case alone is probably worth $75.

Comment

Was this the one from Florida? I was going to jump on it but it was gone! Nice score!!!

Comment

Welcome to the 5a club! Is that an extra tone control that's been fitted?
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yes it was from Florida. The tone control is not hooked up. It actually played prett good when I first got it, it was fretting out from the 15th to 19th frets but a 1/4 turn of the treble side trem post cleared that right up and then the day after I got it I took the strings off to clean it up and the bridge pretty much fell off even though I had blocked it. I had a hard time getting it back on because the springs wouldn't stay in the block. I asked about it in the Tech section here and I was told to turn the block around on the trem. I turned the block around...It went back together very quickly after that and it plays and sounds Awesome!!! I got the truss rod cover from Dave(Budman) yesterday so now she's complete.

Comment

Nice score!
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                      X