MIJ Strat Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Strat Custom

Hi eveyone! Just jonied here as am looking to buy my first Charvel and though this would be a great place to get involved with.

I desperately need some advice on a guitar on Ebay that I'm looking to get. It is a white Charvel made in Japan, strat shaped with a black pickguard, a rosewood neck and maple headstock (not pointy or strat shaped but almost like a "flipper"). I've had a look around and can't find another one online so don't really know how to price it. The trem looks like a Strat type and the 3 single coil pickups are all badged with the Charvel logo.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

Jonathan

Ebay Link?

Comment

Hi!

Ebay link is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Charvel-MIJ-St...QQcmdZViewItem
      Last edited by Jonathan D; 01-21-2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Looks like an ST Deluxe from the '91 catalog. The ST Custom has a 2-point trem & ash body.

ST Deluxe (this one has maple fretboard):

Last edited by dg; 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Cool....I know it's all relative but are these any good? I play lynch mob stuff so hopefully it will suit. Thought at the price it was too good to miss and I love the style as well. Again, any thoughts are much appreciated guys!

Comment

I haven't played one. The quality is supposed to be pretty good, but since you are looking for something to play Lynch stuff with, my concern would be the lack of a locking trem, as well as the pickup layout. I believe they are stacked hums, but I don't think you're going to get the type of bridge humbucker tone you're after unless you mod the guitar. There are lots of other Charvels from the same era that are perfectly suited for it, though. That's what I'd look for.

Comment

For your first Charvel, i'd stay away from that one. The headstock is fuckin' ugly!
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Lol! I know what you mean! Just thought it would be a good value, good quality start!

Comment

Working...
                X