No announcement yet.

Please help identifying my old Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Razor, thats looks amazing. the specs of your neck was pretty much the same as i selected but chickened out at the last minute.

Thanks for the info. How do you find the C shape compared to the D?

Comment

Originally posted by tinribs View Post
      Thanks for the info. How do you find the C shape compared to the D?
      C shape is awesome, a tad rounder and chunkier than the Model series necks but not by much. Feels very close to Fender Made in Mexico strat necks. Very damn comfortable to play. I like it better than the neck shape/profile of my USA Fusion which is thinner than dammit.

By the way, good Model series necks with JT-6 lock nuts show up pretty often on eBay. If funds are a problem, they go for around $100 most of the time. For the money, there's no way I would buy a strathead neck on eBay because it's hard to find 2 1/4 neck heel width, and it seems like the ones that are correct and made by a reputable company bring almost as much money as biting the bullet and buying one new.

I wanted a strathead, so I bought the Musikraft after a LOT of shopping around. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original neck, I just totally wanted that 80's vibe.

Comment

Used Charvy necks are out there, and on e-bay.
        Maple anyone?
        Yikes!!!!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

$274, for that much you can buy another mod 4.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Yes and no.
            There was a brief period between the switch from Kahler trems to the JT-6 where the Model 4 had dots and a JT-6 trem.
            Cool, I'll look for one on eBay. I don't know, I don't like the way the shark tooth inlays look on a rosewood fretboard with no binding.
            I love the way Sharktooths look on an ebony board with binding tho!

Comment

I give a big thumbs up for the USA Customs necks I have 2 and they are more like the original Charvel strat head necks IMO.My last neck was ordered with 6100 frets and ebony board and it is flawless.I did the frets and inlays on my first one and from now on I'll let them fret it, they do outstanding fret work.
              Just clean up that JT-6 I'll bet its fine.
              The necks have jumbo frets just level and re-crown and all should be fine.
              Last edited by straycat; 02-09-2008, 03:34 AM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi Guys, merry Xmas. It's been a while.

I finally got round to doing some work on my model 4. I got it set up properly and got the frets redressed, plays so nice now. I put the floyd and humbucker (holydiver) off my PS4 into it. It's a realy nice guitar now

Before

After

Will be getting rid of the slash cabinet and laney head soon, too big for me, fancy a tiny terror or similar now. Are these slash cabs sort after do you know?

Comment

looking sharp, man. I like the chrome Floyd & zebra bucker on it.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Hi guys, quick question. You know my model 4 has the locking nut behine the nut. Is it possible to fit a proper floyd locking nut? if so, does it look ok once fitted. what I mean by that is, once the old nut has been taken out and the locking section too, i guess the tech has some digging out to do, will it look messy with the floyd nut? I'm noticing the tuning issues a lot more with the d-tuna installed

Comment

Working...
                    X