Model 4 / 6 Mid-Boost Ciruit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 / 6 Mid-Boost Ciruit Question

I have a 86 Model 4 Charvel that I bought new and still love more than any guitar I have played to date. I have been having problems with the circuit board / pots for the last 15 years. Does anybody have the CIRCUIT BOARD schematic for the Mid-boost including the values of all the potenitiometers? I am willing to replace every component on the board if thats what it takes. I really want to keep it original. I also have reason to believe somewhere along the way one or more of the pots may be incorrect.
    I have been looking for a replacement circuit board for a while with no luck, if anybody has a good one laying around I would be interested. I believe it is the JE-1200. Any information at all regarding the different mid-boost circuits would be greatly appreciated!

As far as the pots go, the volume pot (the one attached directly to the board) is a 50K audio taper pot, the boost level control pot is stamped B50K. I'm pretty sure it is linear taper. When I searched for B50K pots, the results all seemed to be linear anyway. The tone pot on the model 4 & 6 was 250K audio taper. Not sure if this will help you at all, but the Jackson electronics manuals & sales flyers are here:

I have never seen a schematic of the actual circuit board components, just overall wiring schematics for the circuit, switches, & pickups. Are there any labels or values printed on the parts themselves? Resistors are color coded. These might help a little:

When it's all said & done, it may be easiest just to try to pick up a relacement on eBay. Lots of people take them out when they upgrade the pickups, so there are usually some floating around. Good luck!
    Last edited by dg; 02-05-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X