Charvel Archtop your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Archtop your opinions

Hello, what can you say about the Archtop Japanese neck thru Charvel? It's on sale now at $375 and I need to ubnderstand if it's ok for the price or I can look for something else. I don't need a tremolo.

Here it is translated by google:

original
    Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????

Thank you.

Japanese-market-only model. The only model like it I've seen is the SLA-160-HH, but that has sharkfin inlays. I would buy that immediately at that price, even without a definite ID.

BTW, is that a "Buy It Now" price, or just the current high bid? I'd expect it to go much higher unless there is damage. Hard to tell from the translation:

"Fret over nine minutes left in the mountains and I think the wound is also used as a beauty product is rather low."

Last edited by dg; 02-08-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I would lose it to another bidder because I'd want to see more complete pictures of the guitar as those are way too cropped for my liking. Don't be afraid to ask more quesations as well but what a great looking guitar-Good luck-
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Just looked at the 160-HH catalog scan, and the body is a little different. It has access bevels similar to the 750XL or Soloist Archtop Pro, and it doesn't look like this guitar has them. It does look like it's from the same time period ('89), though. The picture of the end of the fretboard is blurry, but the serial # looks like it starts with C9, which would be '89.

Comment

No "buy it now" is $690.

"Fret over nine minutes left in the mountains and I think the wound is also used as a beauty product is rather low."
          It reads 90% frets have remained and it has only a few scratces . That's exactely what he really means. He sais it a hi class model because it has GOTOH pegs or something.

The drawback is it comes with no case, but I have bitter expericnce when during shipment the head (fether) comes off. Only with jacksons and chartels most often happens this.

Comment

$690 sounds more like what I'd expect for something like this. It might be a little bit high (especially without a case), since some 750XLs sell for about that, and they have binding and reverse sharkfin inlays. For lots of people not in the US, that is still a great price. It all depends on where you live, because the dollar is very weak right now, and guitars like this are rare in a lot of places.

If it was me, I'd bid but probably not hit the BIN. I also would ask for more pics, like Dave said. He raises a very good point about how the pictures are all cropped.

Comment

You're right. I live abroad, but there are a lot people here who bid things on eBay and sell them here for twice-3 times as much as they were won. I use an agecy's service and bid myself on behalve of the agency's account, so my additional costs are 10% of the price and sometimes custom imposts. It's much cheaper than buying from different between-goers.

I'm not going to buy it for 690 bucks, I'm meaning $400 at max.

Comment

Some more photo

Comment

Working...
                X