6 hole vintage Wilkinson trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 hole vintage Wilkinson trem?

Does anybody know if a 6 hole vintage Wilkinson trem will fit on a Model 1A body? Thanks!
    Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
    Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
    Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

It may take me awhile to find my 1A and the guitar that has the Wlikinson. My guess is that it will work just fine. I'll be back.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Where do they sell these Wilkinsons with 6 holes? Do they fit import strat copies? Does it look like a typicalk Wilkinson with the large saddles?

Fett, when you find your Model 1A howz aboutz a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
        Where do they sell these Wilkinsons with 6 holes? Do they fit import strat copies? Does it look like a typicalk Wilkinson with the large saddles?

Fett, when you find your Model 1A howz aboutz a picture?

You can google "6 hole vintage wilkinson trem" and you'll find it........I'm referring to the Wilkinson VSVG (or something like that those letters)
        Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          It may take me awhile to find my 1A and the guitar that has the Wlikinson. My guess is that it will work just fine. I'll be back.

thanks fett!

Comment

I looked up WIlkinson on WD Music and there are quite a few different 6 hole versions. There's even something called a 5+1 hole version. I like the looks of the VS100 and would be cool if there was a 6 hole version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              I looked up WIlkinson on WD Music and there are quite a few different 6 hole versions. There's even something called a 5+1 hole version. I like the looks of the VS100 and would be cool if there was a 6 hole version of it.

heres is a link to pics of the Wilk VSVG. I think they look pretty sharp. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...s.html#details

Comment

Here's a not so good pic of the Wilkinson on a mutt. I'll back with a pic on the 1A later.
                Last edited by fett; 02-23-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Here's a shot of my 1A. Guess what guitar was in the very last case to look in?:ROTF: I have to label those cases.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Here's a shot of my 1A. Guess what guitar was in the very last case to look in?:ROTF: I have to label those cases.:ROTF:

Funny! :ROTF: Thanks for answering my question though.

Comment

the trem you posted from stewmac should be okay, since 5 of the screw holes are wider than normal so you can compensate if it doesn't line up perfectly.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                      X