1986/1987 Charvel 1A Maple Real or Fake or Mutt Tell me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Look at the nut I'll bet thats where your tuning problem lies.
    most likely. Try lubing the nut slots with some graphite.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by crcook View Post
      Cool The Guy I bought it from Said it was a 87 he bought in 88 But now that you mentioned it I remember Reading somewhere about the
      dots on a Model 4 only being used one year.. The NeckPlate has a Gasket under it So Maybe its a late 86. Do you think the 1A is a 86 also I know you can't tell from the Serial Number but its 229469 Lower than my Model 4 it's 247743 -- Charles
      I have a Model 1 and the 12th fret dots are also much further apart than any of my other Model Series guitars. Don't worry...it's not a fake. They aren't worth enough to go to all that trouble. There are minor differences even among the same models sometimes.

Also, your Model 1A is most likely an '86 judging from the serial. All my bolt-on Model series with numbers starting with 22, 23, and even 24 are all Kahler trem 1986 models. And yes, your Model 4 is a 1986...the only year with Kahler trem and dots.
      Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        I think the trem is OK. That G is the Gotoh logo, and iirc that is the right manufacturer for the Model 1 trems. Those dots definitely do look too wide. They should just barely cross the A & B strings and those are straddling the strings. Definitely weird that someone would go to the trouble to fake one though, like Frigo said. Are there any markings on the neck heel? What kind of truss rod nut does it have? Import Charvels take a 7mm socket.
        I taken some picture of the neck heel and neck socket see if anyone changes their mind now!!!! Charles

Comment

Working...
        X