No announcement yet.

Need help wiring my new 650 big pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was definitely dishonest but I've seen guitars with that much fret wear come out of a level/crowning job and be perfect. You just need to find a good tech. There is a lot of life left in those frets after you have them refinished-NO NEED for a refret!!

Originally posted by metalone View Post
    Yes I am reporting him, I should do a charge back on paypal also!
    Icompletely agree...you deserve money back on that item. Dishonest seller.
    Last edited by goodwood; 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM.
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

The pic's don't show how bad the wear is, several of the frets are so low it will need a lot of material removed to level and crown.
      the seller called me a liar and said there was nothing wrong when he shipped it:ROTF:
      Paypal in trying to resolve the issue but who knows what will happen.

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
      That was definitely dishonest but I've seen guitars with that much fret wear come out of a level/crowning job and be perfect. You just need to find a good tech. There is a lot of life left in those frets after you have them refinished-NO NEED for a refret!!

Icompletely agree...you deserve money back on that item. Dishonest seller.

Comment

I would still have a tech look first.
        the seller called me a liar and said there was nothing wrong when he shipped it
        So he thinks you played it from the time you got it and put that wear on the frets in a matter of hours?

Enethical seller.

I had a seller refund me money when a guitar that I got had some fret wear that was not in line with the item description. I didn't have to threaten to do anything I just put pics on the net and linked him to them. He agreed right away. Too bad all sellers weren't like that.
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

The pic's don't show how bad the wear is, several of the frets are so low it will need a lot of material removed to level and crown.
          the seller called me a liar and said there was nothing wrong when he shipped it:ROTF:
          Paypal in trying to resolve the issue but who knows what will happen.
          It must have been the Gorilla's at UPS who wore the Frets out during shipment..:ROTF::ROTF: What a douche.. Good Luck .. I have had a few run ins like this, PayPal got my money back both times.. Sucks to have to pay shipping twice though..

Comment

How much did you pay for it. Level and recrown the frets. Where are you located that it cost $275 for a refret job.

Comment

Florida, Thats a full re-fret with binding, pretty high I know but I called 3 places and got the same price Ouch!

Comment

I'ld send it back if you paid to much for it ( over $400) The wiring just the switch is all it needs. The JE1200 has been remove (not a bad thing). Leveling/crowning should cost $75-$100. All in All the guitar is only worth maybe $ 400-$550 after you get all the repairs done.

Comment

The nut is the wrong one for this neck, I will need the wider one
                  Here a few more pic's

Comment

If those are J200 single coil pickups, they will sound muddy without a boost.

The white stuff in the grain of the rosewood is wax. It needs to be disovled out (as previously mentioned lemon oil will melt it out).

Comment

Besides the fact it needs a fret job that will leave you with not-very-jumbo frets when it's done, and he's got the wrong nut on it, that's a single-locking trem he's stuck on there, too.

IMO, you need to get out of this deal. Item not as described, period. Full refund, & he should pick up return shipping.

Comment

What sort of numbnuts would replace the original Schaller JT-590 trem on that guitar with a single-locking Floyd Rose II???? All you'd have to do is replace the saddles with double-locking ones to have the exact same thing as a JT-590, however.

The non-disclosure of the fretwear is a real bummer. That's the first and almost only thing I want to know about a used guitar. Dent and dings? No biggie on a less expensive guitar. Electronics/hardware problem? I can fix/replace myself. But fretwear requires an expensive trip to the repair shop. That's just a crap job by the seller.

Comment

I put the update above, paypal ruled in my favor, shipping it back today.
                          I won't get my shipping money for the return trip back but oh well

Comment

Congrats metalone!
                            Glad it came out well for you.
                            Shipping... eh... that's cheap.
                            At least you didn't eat it on a refret, new trem, set-up, and rewire.
                            I think you escaped relatively unharmed.
                            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                              Congrats metalone!
                              Glad it came out well for you.
                              Shipping... eh... that's cheap.
                              At least you didn't eat it on a refret, new trem, set-up, and rewire.
                              I think you escaped relatively unharmed.
                              Thanks man, Your right I got off cheap,so I bought this instead:

Just gotta wait for it now!!

Comment

Wowies...
                                I predict: You're gonna likey... LOTS!
                                Congrats again!!!!!
                                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X