Need help wiring my new 650 big pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring my new 650 big pic's

I bought a 650 custom[I think]from Ebay and the seller tells me after he ships it the pickups aren't wired, also the upper frets are toast, I asked before I bid and he said no issues
    When I e-mailed him on the fret problem he called me a liar and said there wasn't anything wrong with them, looks like it will need a re-fret
    anyone have a wiring diagram for it?it has active pickups not a mid boost Here is a pic of what it looks like now, The pic's don't really show how bad the frets are, going price around here for a re-fret is $275 ouch!
    Also the lock nut is for a narrower neck and it has a Floyd Rose II single locking trem, not sure if thats right as my 550xl has a Schaller

Paypal ruled in my favor, so I have to ship the guitar back and then they will refund the money, less the money to ship it back
    Oh well live and learn

Last edited by metalone; 04-07-2008, 10:55 AM. Reason: update

Sorry I just realized I posted in the wrong forum can somebody move it to the Import Charvel's for me
    Thanks

Comment

First off, I would report the seller to ebay. Next, that is in deed in refret territory. Also, those pickups are not active; Jackson never made active pickups. I do believe those had the mid boost, but it seems to be missing. That trem should also be a JT590, not a Floyd Rose II. Sounds like you got screwed big time bro.

Comment

Yes I am reporting him, I should do a charge back on paypal also!

Comment

Seller's E-Bay I.D. please?
          E-Bay won't do jack for you... but at least the rest of us will be warned.
          I suggest posting in other forums as well.
          Now...
          There are some interesting threads here on fretwork that you should read, including a few brave souls here who ended up very happy that they tried doing it themselves... they learned a shitload, and now seek out guitars like this at bargain prices.
          I'm assuming you didn't get a bargain though, so it's stinging at the moment.
          The guitar seems pretty nice other than those two issues.
          The Jackson Mid-Boost electronics are often swapped anyhow (based on personal preference kinda thing) and end up on the bay or even here... keep your eyes opened.
          Sorry you got the shaft man.
          That is a class A porking you got.
          Keep the faith.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Warofwords is the ID, He had good feedback so I went for it, He got real nasty when I said something about the frets,so he knew!

Comment

Wow.
              Nice choice of I.D. I would say.
              Thanks for letting us know.

As for the Floyd Rose II... I think the baseplate is the same as a schaller... you'll just need to get saddles.
              Double check here:

Last edited by nhspike; 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

I always thought Floyd Rose II and JT-590 were the same thing.

edit: Shoulda checked Henrik's site first...

The JT-590 on my Soloist Pro was replaced with a Floyd Rose II. Looks and feels the same so I never had a reason to dig up any info on it.
                Last edited by ZZB; 03-02-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

It sucks but I to me you just need to get a fret job. I would send it back before I would spend the money on a refret.

Comment

Re- fret around here is $275.00 so you are right!

Comment

You might take it to a repair guy for a second opinion about the frets. Looks to me like you might be able to do a level/recrown if you're willing to put up with lower frets.

Comment

Your fingerboard looks alot like mine, (not the frets, thank god) with the white stuff in the grooves... whats that from, anyway? Moisture loss or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                          I always thought Floyd Rose II and JT-590 were the same thing.

edit: Shoulda checked Henrik's site first...

The JT-590 on my Soloist Pro was replaced with a Floyd Rose II. Looks and feels the same so I never had a reason to dig up any info on it.
                          The newer Floyd Rose II is indeed the same as a Schaller/JT-590. The original version of the Floyd Rose II was single-locking.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by eon View Post
                            Your fingerboard looks alot like mine, (not the frets, thank god) with the white stuff in the grooves... whats that from, anyway? Moisture loss or something?
                            That happens when people spray Pledge or Endust furniture polish on there. I did it to my Dinky once... it took quite a long time for it to come out, but I used a guitar pick to scrape some of the gunk out, then lemon oil helped over time.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The newer Floyd Rose II is indeed the same as a Schaller/JT-590. The original version of the Floyd Rose II was single-locking.
                              Ah yes. Thanks for the clarification!

Now that you mention it I remember reading about it somewhere. Must have been vintagekramer.com. There's a nice little rundown of Floyd Rose trems there.

Comment

Working...
                              X