Help with Model 4M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Model 4M

A local guy heard I was looking for a Model 4 and got in touch with me. He's got an all original "mint" Model 4M in pink and will let it go for $350. I haven't seen any pictures and I'm waiting on him to get back to me with a time and place. Ironically I play thrash/death metal but in my opinion nothing says FU to the stuck up Death metalr's like a pink guitar.

Here's what I was told:
    Mint with one small ding.
    Jackson H/S/S
    Black hardware
    three knobs
    three switches
    Floyd style trem
    Maple neck "Charvel by Jackson/Charvel", screw head locking nut behind the nut, dot inlays
    case included, I forgot to ask if it was original

I had a black Model 4 in the 80's that was stolen and I've been considering and older workhorse shredder. Any advice on what I should look for when inspecting it? Is this a good deal at $350?

Thanks.

Not a bad deal at $350 but pictures would help. Model 4 go for between $200-$400 although someone posted that they just paid $500 for one.

Comment

I thought it was average. This guy's not internet savvy so I have to wait until he calls me back to set up an appointment. I'll take some pics.

Comment

I you think you'll really like it bring some cash and try to get for $300.

Comment

It also depends where you're located if you in the USA or another part of the world .

Comment

I'm in the US.

We're playing phone tag at the moment.

After talking to my friend who owns the local guitar shop I learned this guy also has an old 24 fret Fusion. Naturally I'm curious but if it's available I'll have no idea which would be the better choice aside from personal taste.

Comment

The 4M in that color is quite sought after, thats a plus.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The pink is a rather rare color (salmon).
                I think you'll dig it.
                Just check the frets/neck... electronics are love it or hate it with the mid-boost/9V battery.
                The trem is probably a JT-9, which some hate... I don't have a big issue with them, and they can always be swapped out with a Schaller, etc, with minor effort (you may need another block, but the stud spacing is correct).
                These are great guitars.
                The fusion is going to be the shorter (Gibson) scale... also very nice.
                I say test drive them and see which one strikes you.
                I agree that 300 cash should do it, but would worry about coughing up the extra 50 either.
                Good luck!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Actually, the color is officially "Burgundy Mist".
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Here is the one I used to own:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Awesome collection Alvin!
                      That B.C.Rich looks interesting...
                      Hell, they all do.
                      Meow!
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks! The only ones left from that group are the yellow Marvin Model 1, the Hello Kitty strat, and the Model 1A Jake replica.
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

nhspike the trem is a JT-6 and the string spacing is standard on them.The OFR is spaced a little wider.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            nhspike the trem is a JT-6 and the string spacing is standard on them.The OFR is spaced a little wider.
                            oops... that's what I meant to say, but I had my monitor upside down.
                            hehehe

(that's why I've been posting responses in the wrong order this whole time...
                            everything has been ass-backurds!)

I didn't know about the spacing being different though, but now that I think about it, my model series guitars with the JT-6 seem to have more room from the E strings to the edge of the fretboard... makes sense!

Thanks for the info brother Stray!
                            --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                            X