Model guitar pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by organelle67 View Post
    Thanks Greg. It took me a few months before I was able to snag that one off ebay, either somebody would outbid me on other Models, or they were too high, etc.

But finally got this one. Just stay patient and keep watching ebay, and you'll get one....at a decent price!
    I agree don't be in a hurry and look every day I am seeing prices actually coming down a little...

Comment

Patience is a virtue - I found a complete and nearly all original M2 at a local vintage guitar shop. Rosewood board, no bar for the JT-6, and the OHSC. The bridge needs some serious cleaning, and the volume knob was replaced with a flat top knob like on a LP. Has all it's covers, and only a few body dings. Once the bridge is cleaned up it would be probably an 8 out of 10, maybe a little higher (not even a chip on the point!). Oh, and I have never seen a neck so straight; I have a feeling the action will end up better than on my Ibz Prestige - for well under $300. I'll get some pics up soon, I know you guys love the pics!
      Greg

'86 Model 1
      '87 Model 2
      '88 Model 3A
      '88 Model 3DR
      '06 TMZ Mahogany Natural

Comment

Just to put things into perspective - here in Europe (Germany) I got a mint 1988 Model 4 (black with MOP sharkies) with the case for 400 Euros...

Comment

Working...
        X