What's wrong with the Fusion Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with the Fusion Custom?

Recently I noticed a couple of Charvel Fusion Custom guitars for sale. After a few weeks they are both still for sale. The seller has dropped the price on one of them.

Model guitars usually fly away within a few days, especially 4's and 6's.
    Why is it that the Fusion Custom is so unpopular and way cheaper? From the specs, I'd say it's a pretty decent guitar so what is really wrong with them?

I don't know which fusions you're speaking about, but there is nothing wrong with the guitar conceptually.

Is it possible that the general public is tired of the price gouging that's going on lately??
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Maybe some people just don't like the shorter scale like a Gibson?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nothing is "wrong" with them, but it could be that guys that want Fusions are more interested in either USA Fusions or the Jackson Fusion Pro with the ebony fretboard. Those seem to get snapped up a lot more easily than the Charvel versions or the cheaper Jackson imports.

In general, the demand for bolt-on import Charvels seems to be much less than for the neckthrus. Prices haven't gone crazy, except maybe for the 475DLX and such.

Comment

I am a huge fan of the 24.75 scale!! I love the USA Fusions, except the neck thickness, way too thin Plus, too many pickups. they should have just 1 humbucker or even 2 would be fine. I say bring them back based on the Dinky body, thicken the neck and make them with just 1 humbucker and I will be all over one if the price is fair. But you know how the pricing is now

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
            Recently I noticed a couple of Charvel Fusion Custom guitars for sale. After a few weeks they are both still for sale. The seller has dropped the price on one of them.

Model guitars usually fly away within a few days, especially 4's and 6's.
            Why is it that the Fusion Custom is so unpopular and way cheaper? From the specs, I'd say it's a pretty decent guitar so what is really wrong with them?
            A neck thru Model 6 will always be more in demand than the Fusion Custom.

I'd take a Fusion Custom over a Model 4, but I like Fusions, and have three of them. The have the thinnest of the J/C necks I've ever played.

Comment

Maybe it's because people are not buying guitars now like they were just a few short years ago? Percieved recession maybe?

I don't know if there is anything to that or not but judging by the for sale ads on Harmony Centrals forum, nothing is selling very quickly.

I think it also has to do with the scale. I'm not a fan of that scale unless it's a Les Paul.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I kinda wondered if the scale was the reason.
                I'm not sure about the recession being a reason. Sure it could be, but other Japanese Charvels seem to be way more popular and sell pretty fast around here.

Comment

I'm not buying guitars right now because I'm watching cash pretty close. The recession is real - for some of us anyway. My taxes are off the fuckin reservation, gas is on the way up, but my wages aren't increasing nearly enough to offset it. Add to that my ARM is due to mature this summer...

Lots of people aren't doing as well as they were even a year ago. I'm not buying much of anything unless I'm selling something to offset the cost.

Comment

Working...
                  X