Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel USA markings on a Charvette I just got????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel USA markings on a Charvette I just got????

What the heck? I just bought a Charvette to get the neck off of it to put on another Charvel body that I have. I got it yesterday, and I'm checking out the pickups and everything. It has the one hum, 2 singles like a Model 3. And of course, they all say "Charvel" on them. However, on the humbucker, it says "Charvel" and right under that it says "USA." Not even the USA Charvels say anything like that on the pickups. This has to be some sort of mistake made at the factory, right? Oh, just for the record, the body on this one is real wood...not plywood. Anyone ever seen anything like this?
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Jackson/Charvel branded pickups were made in the USA.
    It's very common to see an import Jackson or Charvel with USA made pickups in them.
    -Rick

Comment

Right...I knew that the Charvel imports had USA components in them, but a Charvette? Also, none of my Model Series Charvels say "USA" on the pickups (even if they were made here). This one is actually molded into the plastic and raised. I just wouldn't expect this on a Charvette. Weren't the Charvettes made in Korea?
      Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone View Post
        ...the body on this one is real wood...not plywood
        Charvette 270 (H/S/S) - basswood body - shortscale
        uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone View Post
          Right...I knew that the Charvel imports had USA components in them, but a Charvette? Also, none of my Model Series Charvels say "USA" on the pickups (even if they were made here). This one is actually molded into the plastic and raised. I just wouldn't expect this on a Charvette. Weren't the Charvettes made in Korea?
          Dana <~~~
          All Charvettes are not created equal.
          Some were made in Japan IIRC.
          There are some decent Charvettes out there and the only significant difference between them and an import Charvel is the hardware.
          -Rick

Comment

Okay...cool then. Thanks! Still puzzled about the USA emblem though, but oh well.
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Post a pic if you can... someone may have swapped parts during its lifetime.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Post a pic if you can... someone may have swapped parts during its lifetime.
                Unfortunately, I don't have any way to post pics. But I have another Charvette body exactly like this one that I got. Has the exact same pickups which all say "Charvel" on them. (Not Jackson/Charvel, but just Charvel) But none of them say "USA" on them. I just find it odd that if they never put "USA" on their highest end models pickups like the 4, 5, and 6, all of which I own, why would they go to that extra trouble to put "USA" on their very lowest end Charvette? I've also never seen it on another Charvette, either...just this one. I"m just guessing it's some weird fluke.
                Dana <~~~
                '85 Rhoads Custom
                '86 SD Str*t
                '86 Model 4 (5)
                '87 Model 1
                '87 Model 6
                '88 Model 3DR
                '90 650 XL
                '94 KE-3
                '97 DR Amberburst
                '97 Dinky BOFlames
                '05 SD Copperhead