What is this? A modded Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? A modded Model?

Selelr wanted £299 (approx $600! ) buy it now, £200 for start bidding.

Too much I think,

But what is it? Has a toothpaste logo, BTW.

Last edited by wanthairspray; 03-13-2008, 05:58 PM.
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Modded 375?

Comment

Could well be. Doesn't actually "look" model quality does it. I wonder what the switches do? Coil tap and something else...?

Comment

I think it's probably fine. Nice shape, and just the added switches. I believe that is the original finish. I think it was called pearl blue. I like cobalt or electric blue better, but that color looks better in person than in pics. The price he's asking is steep. Way too much if it was in the US, but you guys usually have to pay more, and the dollar is really nosediving right now which makes it seem really high to us.
        Last edited by dg; 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Looks like a 375 too me. Tricked out a little.
          Not worth $600 though.
          -Rick

Comment

Really prices are no good straight converted as dg said.

Its best I suppose to look at it in terms of the number.

So if a pawn shop wanted $200 then that might make it just about OK. $299 would be pushing it for you US guys I think? And for me too. But as you said, dg, Charvels are rare here in Europe.

Really the number is all that ever sells anything, IMO.

Not sure if I 'splained that well though.

Comment

At this point, with the dollar tanking so bad, I don't think we yanks can even begin to tell you guys what a good price is over there. I do know that if I sell any guitars on eBay this year, I'll be accepting European bidders.

Comment

I've got a 375 just like it, without the switches.
                Color is nicer in person... as dg mentioned.
                Sweet players.
                I'm running an old Dimarzio Distortion in the bridge... and she sings like a fat lady.
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  At this point, with the dollar tanking so bad, I don't think we yanks can even begin to tell you guys what a good price is over there
                  I was considering this, too ! Maybe we should use some "universal" currency, as "how many liters of milk" to compare prices ?

The price for that modded 375 is "average" in comparison to any other eBay offer here in Austria/Germany/UK !

And I've already started to watch US-auctions to find what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, most sellers do not ship to Europe !
                  uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

To be honest, I think that price is a bit high for a modded 375. I've seen a couple for sale and they usually go for about 300-350 € (465-542 US $...again, with the weakening $ these prices are very approximate).

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post

And I've already started to watch US-auctions to find what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, most sellers do not ship to Europe !

Me too. I got a Fender HM from the USA the other day. Guy got a huge amount for it, basically. I didn't pay that huge amount, in a way, as it was roughly half fo what I actually paid him.

So say it all worked out at $400, really I only paid £200.

Shame that many US auctions do not ship international, because us guys in the UK, Eurozone, would pay way over the $ norm for items, esp Charvel 6s and other niceities.

Comment

So the Yen is at a 18 year high. The Pound and the Euro are at all-time highs. I may have to reconsider my distain for shipping overseas.:ROTF:
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          So the Yen is at a 18 year high. The Pound and the Euro are at all-time highs. I may have to reconsider my distain for shipping overseas.:ROTF:
                          Seriously, it'd reward you handsomely. Sure it's a bit more effort. But you'll get people like me paying 50% more sometimes for a guitar like a Charvel, because there's ain't many around!

Example: a guitar that normally sells for say, $300...ships overseas. I win it at $450 and ships to the UK for say $100 additional. (Cost me $120 inn shipping for that Fender HM.)

That's $550 for you already. But for me in the UK, thats only £250 or so, deal done, guitar shipped. Maybe a bit more for import duties, but that is not coming from your pocket.

Say you want to sell a Model 2. Av. price there could be $250. Psychologically, that's a good figure in £ too. So I'd think "Well, I can go to $450 and that's it." $450 for a model 2? Crazy for US prices maybe, but good for me in the UK, because it's half price paid essentially.

Etc.

Comment

Yeah, Charvel 650XL's usually go for 600€+ here so I'd think it's a great deal if I could get one for ...oh say...450-500...That's 700+ US $.

I'm actually looking for a hot pink Kramer with maple board right now but I used that as an example.

Comment

Working...
                            X