Identify My Jackson/Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify My Jackson/Charvel

Hey folks, I just bought my first guitar of my own and haven't been able to find out exactly what it is. I've done a good bit of reading on Jackson/Charvel and know that my guitar is an import, but I can't tell what year or model it is.

Here is what I've got:

Jackson style headstock with locking tuners on the back and white guitar shaped " 'Charvel' by Jackson/Charvel" logo on the front .

Gloss red strat style body with two hardware covers on the back: a square one over the hum/trem area and a roughly triangular one over the electronics.

22 fret bolt on neck connected by four bolts through a "Charvel" nameplate reading "Charvel" (serial #) 292916 P.O. Box 2344 Fort Worth TX 76113 USA

2 Jackson single coils above one Jackson humbucker and a Floyd Rose tremolo.

One volume and one tone knob split by a 5 position selector switch.

*Edit* I forgot to mention one small thing. Dot inlays. thats it, sorry 'bout that.

I've told you everything conceivable about this guitar except the wood used on the fretboard and neck which I don't know. So if anyone knows what I've got I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, I know I probably don't have anything special, but I only paid $150 for it and a Marshall MG15DFX and it plays like a charm.
    Last edited by Dover78; 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM. Reason: Omitted Info

A Model 4 maybe? It's a Model, just not 100% sure which one. Pretty sure it's a 4, because they had a H-S-S pickup layout, but so did certain Model 3's.

Good price.

Comment

It sounds like an '87 or '88 Model 3 from your description. Here's the quick guide & some catalog scans you can compare it to:

Comment

Originally posted by Dover78 View Post
        I've told you everything conceivable about this guitar except the wood used on the fretboard and neck which I don't know.
        what about the type of inlays?

sounds like a Model 3. A Model 4 would have 3 mini-toggles for pickup switching
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Haha, good call dude, but I edited my original post with the type of inlays just before you posted. And by comparison, the '88 Model 3 in the catalog I just looked at fits it to a "T". Thanks guys, I had been going through those catalog scans, but I was looking up in the nineties. So do you guys think $150 for this and the Marshall was good deal?

Comment

I'd say you did well. I thought I stole my Avenger at $175.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I think you made out pretty good.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice deal.
                You'll quickly grow attached, and (chances are...) you'll need more than one J/C.
                I suggest a Predator next.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                X