EBAY 1986 Model 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY 1986 Model 2

Scored this last week for $225. It's missing the fine tuner on the high E but I have the parts to fix it.

Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Nice work
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Nice work

That is quite a compliment coming from the master!!!

Thank you Sir!!!
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Congrats! I just picked up one for $225 without the lock(but who needs it when it's a kahler fulcrum).

Comment

It's a damn good thing I'm done buying guitars. I'm going to the selling mode.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Nice man, slap a Kahler Killer on that sucka!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              It's a damn good thing I'm done buying guitars. I'm going to the selling mode.
              This is the part I don't really understand...
              If the dollar is tanking, and inflation a real possibility, then converting items into cash is buying into a devaluation of assets, right?

So, in order to hedge against devalued currency, I stock up on items before my cash becomes useless. In other words, clear any debt, and collect fixed
              items that don't deteriorate over time. Like, guitars, gold, and other such nonsense.

Right?

Comment

wow!!! I sooo want one of these..... I cant score a deal on one.. (I want dark blue, black or purple ) Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  This is the part I don't really understand...
                  If the dollar is tanking, and inflation a real possibility, then converting items into cash is buying into a devaluation of assets, right?

So, in order to hedge against devalued currency, I stock up on items before my cash becomes useless. In other words, clear any debt, and collect fixed
                  items that don't deteriorate over time. Like, guitars, gold, and other such nonsense.

Right?

You make a good point if he only sells within the US. I've noticed prices seem to be down on a lot of the usual guitars I check on eBay, but if he's willing to sell to European buyers he can still make out like a bandit. Yes, it's more hassle and there are risks, but the upside can be huge when things go smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    You make a good point if he only sells within the US. I've noticed prices seem to be down on a lot of the usual guitars I check on eBay, but if he's willing to sell to European buyers he can still make out like a bandit. Yes, it's more hassle and there are risks, but the upside can be huge when things go smoothly.
                    So, he's holding Euro's now?

Comment

Nice Score..

Comment

Nice score! Black is such a kick ass color on a Model 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          Nice score! Black is such a kick ass color on a Model 2.
                          +1
                          that was my thought exactly!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            but are Europeans going to want to pay $200 shipping plus customs duties on a $99 guitar?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              but are Europeans going to want to pay $200 shipping plus customs duties on a $99 guitar?
                              Sure not ! There are a lot of $/€ 99 guitars over here !

But if some of you US guys offered let's say a nice Model 5 or a 750XL - how much would you get on US-eBay ? 500 - 700 ? I'd pay 800 + 100 for shipping and it would cost me ~ 200 customs/VAT. So all in all I'd spend $ 1.100 (€ 700) - still a lot of money - but there is no Model 5 (or 750XL) offered over here ! So if I want one, I'd do it that way !

Something else: Ever heard of the "Big Mac Index" ? How much is a Big Mac where you live ? A good way to compare prices/values and to imagine how much are $ 500 for an US citizen in comparison to € 500 for me in Austria !

And Jack: sorry for hi-jacking, very nice guitar ! I have (had) exactly the same (had - because I added a neck-PU, which I sometimes regret) And the Fulcrum is way better than it's reputation !
                              uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Working...
                              X