Is this really a Model 2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a Model 2???

I found this for sale online for AU$299 here in Australia.

Its got the Fort Worth TX neckplate and looks to me like a later Model 2, though the guy from the shop thinks its made in Korea. I'm not dreaming am I? This is an okay price for a Model 2 right?

Thanks!

Yes, jump on it.

Comment

Its a 1987/1988 Model 2 with the JT6 Trem (1986 Model 2 had a Kahler Fulcrum) and of course its Made in Japan ! And it looks very, very nice ... so the price would be a good one (at least here in Austria it wouldn't be easy to find any Charvel Model for such a low price !) - Go for it !
      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Thanks guys, I was about to jump on it but got a bit of cold feet. I will make an offer since the salesman doesn't know what he's got!

Comment

If its a candy red its a late 88 model.The candy colors are a little harder to find.Thats a good price in that part of the world.
          All model series were made in Japan.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice looking axe. It looks like it is missing the trem arm socket. You can upgrade that with a real Floyd trem arm and socket though.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

it's in beautiful shape and yeah those candy red Model 2's are pretty rare.

missing the locking nut?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Well, I got it for $285 including postage and insurance. Great deal I reckon! Now I just have to play the waiting game...

Comment

Working...
                X