What type of Floyd on model 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Floyd on model 1?

I've been sort of looking for a backup guitar with Floyd style trem and came accross a model 1 on auction today. The seller claims that it has a JT-6 trem. How's the quality on those? Is it possible to swap for an original Floyd if needed?

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
    I've been sort of looking for a backup guitar with Floyd style trem and came accross a model 1 on auction today. The seller claims that it has a JT-6 trem. How's the quality on those? Is it possible to swap for an original Floyd if needed?
    It's probably a Model 2 if it has the JT-6. Model 1's came with the 6 screw strat-style tremolo. Do you have the link?

As far as your question on the JT-6, I have always liked the JT-6, I have never had any issues with them. Some hate them, some love them. As long as you keep it maintained, it is a great trem. And yes, you can drop an OFR in there. I just did that on my Model 2 and I added a big brass block on the OFR.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Alvin

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
      It's probably a Model 2 if it has the JT-6. Model 1's came with the 6 screw strat-style tremolo. Do you have the link?

As far as your question on the JT-6, I have always liked the JT-6, I have never had any issues with them. Some hate them, some love them. As long as you keep it maintained, it is a great trem. And yes, you can drop an OFR in there. I just did that on my Model 2 and I added a big brass block on the OFR.
      Hey Alvin,

Can you drop me a pm explaining what kind of Floyd I should use for my Model 2? I just posted a thread about my neck but the Floyd is next! Thanks!
      E = Fb

Comment

sold

Apparently it's sold already. People snag charvels really fast.

Comment

Apparently it's sold already. People snag charvels really fast.
          Are you by any chance referring to the red Model 2 at huuto.net?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
            Are you by any chance referring to the red Model 2 at huuto.net?
            Yeah, that's the one. Didn't it say it was a model 1?
            I thought about placing a bid on it. Looked pretty good.
            Are you the buyer?

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. Didn't it say it was a model 1?
              I thought about placing a bid on it. Looked pretty good.
              Are you the buyer?
              I just had to snag it. 2's are the bees knees.

The seller said he made a typo saying it was a Model 1. The guy sells a lot of J/C guitars so I'm inclined to believe him. Didn't see any traces of it being modded and slapping a JT-6 on a Model 1 would be kinda weird anyhoo.

I'll probably be getting my new toy this week - chances are there'll be a thread about it...

Comment

Yeah I've seen him having a lot of different guitars for sale, most of them Charvels and a couple of Kramers I believe. Haven't really had the cash to buy any though.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                  I just had to snag it. 2's are the bees knees.

The seller said he made a typo saying it was a Model 1. The guy sells a lot of J/C guitars so I'm inclined to believe him. Didn't see any traces of it being modded and slapping a JT-6 on a Model 1 would be kinda weird anyhoo.

I'll probably be getting my new toy this week - chances are there'll be a thread about it...
                  ...I dunno about a JT-6, but I love my Model 1 with a Schaller floyd.

Terve.

Comment

Working...
                  X