New(used) Guitar Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(used) Guitar Day!

I just picked up this Charvel parts project for 225 bucks. The neck is an 86' model 4 in near perfect shape and the body is by a company called Musikraft out of Cali who does recreations of the San Dimas bodies and necks of the early 80's. I plan on putting a Schaller Floyd and an EMG 81 in this bad boy. Did I mention it is in near perfect condition.

Thats about as much as a fully functioning model 2 would cost.

Comment

Right.

Comment

Looks very nice, love the color- good luck with the project-

Oh, and jtr, got any fully functional Model 2's you want to sell in that condition? I'll buy them all -
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Just because someone buy a guitar with no hardware theres no reason to tell him he got a good deal . No the last Charvel I got was a 86 mod 4 for $200. Noobs like this are what drive up prices because they don't know what they're buying and don't have any idea what price would be reasonable.

Comment

That's a pretty harsh view. The days of cheap Charvies are over, and have been for a few years now, for whatever reason. I happen to think it is NOT because of "noobs" and moreover, I think that this guy probably is no noob.The word got out, the stock is being snapped up. People want them, let them pay what they will.
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
              Just because someone buy a guitar with no hardware theres no reason to tell him he got a good deal . No the last Charvel I got was a 86 mod 4 for $200. Noobs like this are what drive up prices because they don't know what they're buying and don't have any idea what price would be reasonable.
              I guess I'm not getting your point. Sounds to me like he knows exactly what he bought and obviously thought it was a good deal, so he bought it. Where's the issue? It's not like he said he "stole" it for that price or anything, it's just a nice basis for a project guitar guitar, no?
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The body is just as good as an original one so no foul there.Nice color BTW.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                  I guess I'm not getting your point. Sounds to me like he knows exactly what he bought and obviously thought it was a good deal, so he bought it. Where's the issue? It's not like he said he "stole" it for that price or anything, it's just a nice basis for a project guitar guitar, no?
                  yes! for what will go in to it($$), it will be a sweet guitar .... update this when complete
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                    Every Model 2 I've bought "fully functional" has been $275 to $350 shipping and all. The "noob" could have done a lot worse for the money he spent for it, and there's no need to rain on his parade. The reason the Model series prices are going up is because we all know what great guitars they are, and they've become popular again. That's just simple supply and demand.

Congrats on the new to you guitar Mr. Death, and good luck getting it together. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Nice grab.

Prices are going up on charvels across the board, and I dont think it's because of 'noobs' paying more than they're worth; the dollar is tanking, prices are going up on everything from gas to canned tuna, and on top of that the older charvels are great guitars. So it makes sense that prices are going to increase. I have probably $400 to $500 in my mid 90's predator and I love the way it plays, to me that's a good deal.

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Yeah I'm a 36 year old noob whos been playing for 20 years so I'm not green when it comes to guitars (especially my era). The body alone is worth 209 USD unfinished, then the cost of paint plus a good shape 86 neck will run you 150 on ebay. I think I did alright. The thing is mint.

Comment

Very cool. Love the color! What is it, a gunmetal or cobalt blue?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think you did fine.
                            I talked with an old Kramer rep at the last guitar show I did and he said the 80's Charvels, Jacksons and Kramers USA and imports are on the upswing $$ wise and its his contention the prices will go much higher in the near future.
                            So keep them as close to original to get top dollar.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think it's cool! Good deal on a painted Musikraft body. Love the color. Alder? A cool thing about the '86 Model 4 neck is that is has MOP dots rather than the white plastic ones you find on other Model Series rosewood necks. Post pics when you get it all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X