New(used) Guitar Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dg View Post
    I think it's cool! Good deal on a painted Musikraft body. Love the color. Alder? A cool thing about the '86 Model 4 neck is that is has MOP dots rather than the white plastic ones you find on other Model Series rosewood necks. Post pics when you get it all done.

2 piece Basswood and yeah I love the MOP inlays. Very classy touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.death View Post
      Yeah I'm a 36 year old noob whos been playing for 20 years so I'm not green when it comes to guitars (especially my era). The body alone is worth 209 USD unfinished, then the cost of paint plus a good shape 86 neck will run you 150 on ebay. I think I did alright. The thing is mint.
      If you need any more guitars, please let me know:ROTF:

Bodies should be about $100, 22 fret rosewood necks with dots $75. Just trying to help you from spending too much. Of course if it's something you really dig, go for it.
      Last edited by DonP; 04-06-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

It's not a Model Series body, Don. It's a Musikraft body, made in USA & comparable to a Warmoth or one of Denny's Mojo bodies, with a nice paintjob. They go for just over $200 unfinished. I still say he did fine on price, but besides that, price isn't the point with project guitars. You never end up as cheap as if you found a complete guitar at a bargain price, but around here there is always someone to tell you about it like it's news.

Comment

The way I see it is I'm getting a quality guitar for around 500 complete with all top notch parts. The only used part will be the neck. I can live with that price.

Comment

That's a damn nice neck too. Good luck with the project and be sure to post pics when you're done!
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Nice Score.. Good Luck w/ the Project.. I have about 4 projects to do ..sometime..

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                I guess I'm not getting your point. Sounds to me like he knows exactly what he bought and obviously thought it was a good deal, so he bought it. Where's the issue? It's not like he said he "stole" it for that price or anything, it's just a nice basis for a project guitar guitar, no?
                I agree, I bought a white 3A with the tweed case with a buy it now on ebay of $350.+ shipping. Some might think that's not a good deal or some might think that's ok but to me it was a great deal because I'd been looking for a white 3A a while and 3A's are my personal favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  If you need any more guitars, please let me know:ROTF:

Bodies should be about $100, 22 fret rosewood necks with dots $75.
                  I hate to ruin your good laugh, but a Charvel Model series neck in excellent/mint condition is going for at least double the price you quoted on E-Bay. I know because I've been looking for quite some time for a good one at a reasonable price. If you have one that you would like to sell me for $75.00 I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
                    I hate to ruin your good laugh, but a Charvel Model series neck in excellent/mint condition is going for at least double the price you quoted on E-Bay. I know because I've been looking for quite some time for a good one at a reasonable price. If you have one that you would like to sell me for $75.00 I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.
                    Then how much are DK1 and Fusion Pro necks going for? The only necks I have are bound ebony with MOP sharkies. Ain't no way I'm paying $150 for a unbound rosewood neck with dots. Maple maybe....but not rosewood.

edit:

Ok, you made me go out and look at ebay completed auctions. There wasn't much (most had sharkies or reverse headstocks), but I found a model 4 neck for $112 in Excellent Condition. I found a USA Jackson neck for $150; I'd spend $150 on a USA neck before spending the same amount on an import neck.
                    Last edited by DonP; 04-08-2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I think Death did alright. That's gonna be a really nice, clean guitar, when it's finished, and would love to see pics of it, when it is. Good deal.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well I got the Schaller trem for it today for 100 shipped in like new condition. I'll post pics as soon as I install it.

Comment

I paid $350 for my white model 2 with tweed case and original paperwork. Top dollar but it was from a local dealer and it had everything original. Of course I then put in a Kahler Killer and had the neck scalloped. I think I paid $225 for my white 3a with case from a pawn shop.
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

The way I see it is I'm getting a quality guitar for around 500 complete with all top notch parts. The only used part will be the neck. I can live with that price.
                            Im not up on prices, but when first reading your post...i thought it
                            was a great deal ! Seems looking at it, that it's worth $500 now, just
                            on quality and looks, imo...so if it makes you happy, and it plays and
                            sounds great when your done with it, then it's really worth $1500.00! You will be saving $'s!

Comment

I installed the Schaller bridge and took some pics. There is a little oxidation on the allen bolts but that will clean up witha little TLC. Other than that the bridge is in great shape.

I won some tuners on the bay for 37 plus shipping.

All I need now is an EMG81 and its complete!

Comment

All I need now is an EMG81 and its complete!
                                And 4 more strings! hehe j/k I think you did good. What kind of route do those bodies have on the back? Is it like a charvel or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X