New 750xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 750xl

Well trolling CL finally paid off. I paid a bit more that I think I should but these are not found very frequently. It's a 89 Charvel 750XL, in cherry burst. All original, no dents, only some light surface hairline scuffs on the top of the clear coat. It's missing the trem arm and the case, and the small allen wrenches. There is a small crack in the neck binding on the high E side of the 22nd fret, perhaps not having a case and being is Dry Southern CA took it's toll?? Is a cosmetic crack, and does not affect anything. OMG does this thing play well!!!!! It sustains for days!! The stock pups are awesome!! I figured it was a smart move to pick it up as I could always look for a pristine new one, but since these are 20 years old there are most likely very few in that condion left. There is a smal chip in the headstock corner, in the clear coat only, the color coat and wood were not damaged, other than this it look New from a foot away, you have to get the right angle to see the micro hairline scratches. So end of story, I paid $580 US for it, I know that may be more than I should but like I said they ain't making any more and these are hard to come by. There is no fret wear, the owner was not really a player and it sat for many, many years.

So what do you think??

Now I have to find a case, my Charvel Chainsaw case for my 375 was not thick enough for it. any suggestions?

Also, where can I pick up a black trem arm?

750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Great score if the fret wear is nil. It looks nice! Congratulations!

Comment

Nice, I want one!!

Comment

The Queen of Charvels. Beautiful.

You got a good price, considering one went on Ebay recently for $900. I have one too, and still I am envious!!. Ain't they great? They play so well.
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

nice

nice!very beatiful

Comment

nice!very beautiful

Comment

You got that for a very good price IMO. It's a twin of mine only mine is a string thru.

Stew Mac for the trem arm.

Ebay for the case. My case is a regular rectangle.

Comment

Beautiful, I've always wanted one like Shawn Lane Had.

Comment

Excellent guitar and she's a beauty as well! Congrats to you-
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hi titan7. I emailed you about pics of that guitar, but I guess I could just grab them from this thread. Very nice 750! Thanks for "submitting" it for the database
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks for the comments, makes me feel a lot better about the purchase!! I really love this guitar, better than, gasp, my Les Pauls, or my 375DX.

Jackson1, I will send you some better pics.

Here are the questions.

Regarding the Case, will the 750 fix in the current production Jackson cases, the black ABS cases?

Tremelo, I found a replacement Trem arm @ stewmac, my question is do I need to take the bushing off for it to fit in the Jt-590?

Would you suggest putting some super glue in the small binding crack? It's not like it's going anywhere but I thought perhaps it would seal it? I can't see it getting worse, Looks like a dry fretboard pulled the binding in and the fret wire cause the crack because there is no impact mark from this damage. Perhaps I should just leave it alone since it's so minor. Also, with regard to the clearcoat chip on the tip of the headstock, leave it alone too?
                      750XL Cherry Sunburst
                      375DX Metallic black
                      Model 2 blue
                      Model 2 Red
                      USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
                      USA Slime Green San Dimas
                      MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
                      Gibson Les Pauls
                      PRS SC-250

Comment

Always wanted a 750... never got to lay my hands on one... I'm a lil jealous...
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Hi

You made a great deal on this one
                          I have the same model only with a fixed bridge

regards
                          Hotriff
                          Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

Good deal indeed!

Comment

Nice score.I love 750xl, Mine is also cherry burst. but the flame isnt as nice on mine. MIne is in a regular charvel gray chainsaw case. Its a bit tight but it fits.
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X