New 750xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

Just got my 750 XL last week for......$580....LOL! Felt very happy that (a) I finally found a good one, and (2) I didn't get bent over for big bux. For the record its Trans Amber #C902885.

Your case question is a good one - I have tried it in both silver and black toothpaste chainsaw cases and they are painful to close...like I have to sit on them. The increased body thickness makes the vertical fine tuners on the 590 a big issue. I thought about "carving" out the case styrofoam in this area.....we shall see.....but any suggestions on what actually works would be great.

Trem bar....any standard screw on Floyd-type bar works....eBay, Allparts, WD, and on and on.

Oh, I'm looking for the "large" style switch knob on the 5-way....any leads???

Henrik....if you're out there....I'll send info and pix soon.

Mark
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
      Just got my 750 XL last week for......$580....LOL! Felt very happy that (a) I finally found a good one, and (2) I didn't get bent over for big bux. For the record its Trans Amber #C902885.

How funny, I guess $580 is the popular price.

With regard to the case I don't want to squeeze the lid down on with the normal chainsaw case, as I have a trem on mine. I don't need and dents in the top from the bottom of the trem plate. Has anyone tried the current production jackson cases (the black molded ABS ones).

Any suggestions for the clear coat chip? Can I put some clear coat on it and color sand and buff?
      750XL Cherry Sunburst
      375DX Metallic black
      Model 2 blue
      Model 2 Red
      USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
      USA Slime Green San Dimas
      MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
      Gibson Les Pauls
      PRS SC-250

Comment

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
        Henrik....if you're out there....I'll send info and pix soon.
        Mark! You're back! I emailed you a while back asking how you were doing. No answer, dude! I hope you're doing fine now.

Thanks, I'm ready for your 750 data. Anytime.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Doing better...

Thanks Henrik....pretty much back on track. I'll email ya once I take some pix and fill you in. Also starting to get back into "data acquisition mode"....LOL! Talk to you soon.

Mark
          "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

That's great news. Btw. looking at your gear list, I can't believe you have a Jenna Jameson! Way to go!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

very nice acquisition. You got a good deal

Regarding trem arms, i have 2 750xl's, one has a jackson bridge, and the other is schaller. One trem arm fits both bridges, and the other trem arm only fits one of the bridges. go figure

Comment

The picture of the replacement trem arm from stewmac looks like it has a bushing on the part that goes into the trem plate. The JT590 on my 375dx fits the 750xl, but it does not have the bushing either. I guess I will just need to order one.
                750XL Cherry Sunburst
                375DX Metallic black
                Model 2 blue
                Model 2 Red
                USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
                USA Slime Green San Dimas
                MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
                Gibson Les Pauls
                PRS SC-250

Comment

Working...
                X