Predator over a DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator over a DK2M?

I was at a music store yesterday and found a predator for about $250 in as good of shape as you can ask for in a guitar that old that hasn't been kept in a case its entire life.

So, my two questions....

1. Is this a good price on it? I've never really seen these anywhere

2. Would you buy the predator knowing that its going to cause you to have to sell your DK2M? Its my backup guitar (RR5 main), so it won't get too much use, but I gotta have something nice if I have to, eh?

I'm watching this thread closely. I see a white Predator for sale in good condition for $300 here locally.

Comment

I'm bidding on my third Predator currently.
      I absolutely love everything about these woodchoppers.
      I gave a DK-2 to a friend of mine three weeks ago (that purple one I posted pics of).
      I liked it, but it didn't move me like my Predators do.
      250 is cheap money, in my book.

That's my 2 cents...
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

SCORE!!

I stopped by and checked it out, and it is bone stock as far as I can tell and in superb condition. There is a small neck pocket crack, a small ding on the fretboard, and that's about it. It was recently set up by the music store here with new strings, and stays in tune and plays great! I offered the dude $250 and he agreed. The finish looks like a metallic creme or something.

Comment

Ah yes The money shot white Predator.. lol I have a Contemporary strat on that color.
          I've always like predators. Great little guitars. And i love the necks.
          Nice score.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            Nice score.
            Thanks! It's actually my first Charvel (I've got a bunch of Jacksons though).

Bigz if the one you are looking at is in similar shape to this one, I say hit it for $250. There is just something about the J/C imports from the 80's/90's that really kicks ass.

Comment

IMHO that's a great price on a great guitar! Congratulations on the score.

As to the first question, I would think $250 is a fair price. There's nothing wrong with walking in with $200 cash and let them take that into consideration.
              Cash still talks!

Comment

The one I'm looking at is exactly the same as the one you just got except its black. I would be sold for sure if it was white as that would make it identical to the Savatage Streets guitar.

I'm going to bring my guitar in sometime next week and see how they sound next to each other and decide from there. Thanks for the input, guys

Comment

Great score Axe
                  Prediction: She will be one of your favs for some reason, hard to describe.
                  Lotsa tones from two little pups.
                  Amazing necks as well.
                  Hope you enjoy it.
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Well, I went back today, but didn't get it. I was comparing it against a DK2M there and the dinky won.

I'm not positive if it was a predator, though. Looked the exact same, but had Jackson pickups, and the neck pickup in the every picture I've seen has not had a Jackson logo.

Could it have been something else?

Comment

Just and awesome score! Beautiful! THANKS for sharing!
                      DiMarzio Endorsee
                      www.dimarzio.com
                      Morley Endorsee
                      www.morley.com
                      "Intelli-Shred" author
                      www.myspace.com/intellishred
                      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                        Well, I went back today, but didn't get it. I was comparing it against a DK2M there and the dinky won.

I'm not positive if it was a predator, though. Looked the exact same, but had Jackson pickups, and the neck pickup in the every picture I've seen has not had a Jackson logo.

Could it have been something else?
                        Probably not. If it looked like the one above then it was probably a predator.

Personally, I would have chosen the predator over the dinky without a second thought. $250 is a great price for a guitar that's easily as good, better IMO, as a DK2M.

-Steve
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                          Personally, I would have chosen the predator over the dinky without a second thought. $250 is a great price for a guitar that's easily as good, better IMO, as a DK2M.
                          +1...Now that I've had a few days to play it, I can say that I'll take the JT590 trem over the JT580LP any day. Heck even the color is snazzier.

Comment

It's a shame I've got two blues and a red.
                            If the last one I got where white like yours Axe, I could say, there... red, white and blue, I'm done.

Guess I'm gonna have to find some other way to shut this addiction down.

hehe
                            --floydkramer

Comment

Can't speak for a predator, but I have a 3DR that kicks absolute ass.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X