Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat,
    Can you post some pics please?
    Would be cool to see the differences (other than the toothpaste logo)
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

I just spent a few hours oiling the board, cleaning the trem, and switching it over to 10 gauge strings. Man I'm digging that guitar! It's a player all right. The only thing that is nagging me a bit is that locking nut. It was drilled just slightly off (too close to the high E side), and the fret margin suffers a bit from frets 2 - 5. I'll have to either redrill the locking nut holes, or put a R3 on there (it is in fact an R4 on there now).

Comment

can you make the holes in the nut slightly larger, so you don't mess with the wood?
        easy to get another nut.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah, I went and ordered an OFR R3 to slap on there. I'll use the R4 on some other project. Projects, projects...

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Flat,
            Can you post some pics please?
            Would be cool to see the differences (other than the toothpaste logo)
            Sorry, I can't seem to post pics here.
            Let me see what I can do this weekend.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Kickass, I scored a J/C case for this baby in good shape for $46

Comment

there is a 3dr on ebay now actually. Looks just like the predator, except the logo is cooler. !!!
                "Have your machine call my machine"

Comment

Is it the 3DR or the 275 that's strat sized? I forget.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

The "DR" in 3DR stands for "Dinky Reverse". The first 275s in '89 had full-size strat bodies & the last of the JT-6 trems, but they switched over to a dinky body, single-locking trem, and different pickup layout after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X